Sunday 2 January 2011

Stephen King reading challenge ...

... this should be great fun!!!  I've been reading SK's books since I was a teenager, so this challenge is right up my street.  I was directed to this challenge at Book Chick City by Becky at The Girlie Blogger - a very eclectic range of topics in her blog, and I just have to join the fun. 

I think I'm going to start at Level 1 - which is 6 books over the year, but it may well end up at Level 2 - 12 books.  The hardest thing, for me, about this challenge is which book to start with!!  I'll post up a list of books later.

Edited (28 March 2011) to include the list of Stephen King's books which I'm going to read.  As I said - I'm going to start with 6, but it could end up being 12!!

Edited again (10 May 2011) to update my list - and highlight the books completed so far.  I think I'm going to get to 12 in the year.  Really enjoying this challenge.
  1. The Stand - finished 23 March 2011
  2. The Green Mile - finished 28 March 2011
  3. It - finished 29 April 2011
  4. Salem's Lot
  5. Misery
  6. Danse Macabre
  7. Cell
  8. Duma Key
  9. Carrie
  10. Desparation - finished 8 May 2011
  11. Bag of Bones
I've finished the first two books and will post reviews shortly.

2 comments:

Lynn Mercurio said...

I too have been reading SK since I was a young woman. I think the first book I read of his was The Stand. Just finished Full Dark, No Stars...great 4 short stories. Will check out the challenge.

Happy New Year Deb.

Paula (PEP) said...

Just had a look at the Challenge - don't think I'd sleep .........so think I'll pass but I'm thoroughly intrigued so shall be watching & it's such a useful piece of info for me - When health allows I provide emergency cover in the local secondhand bookshop & have worked in bookselling for a number of years.
Enjoy the challenge.
Paula (PEP)
http://pepcraftchallexp.blogspot.com/

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...