Thursday 13 January 2011

For my son ....

... a very special birthday card and envelope.  Ben is 15 years old today - he's grown up into a lovely young man.  It's hard to believe just how quickly the time has gone - he was such a cute little baby.  Anyway, Ben is a very keen World of Warcraft (on-line game) fan, and he specifically asked for a WOW card.  So I was more than happy to oblige.

This week's challenge on Just Us Girls is technique based - they want us to decorate the envelope to go with the card, and also line the envelope.  I've sort of stuck to the requirements - but the envelope is square with a very small area under the flap - so I decided not to do a liner.  But the decoration certainly goes with the card.  I kept the card really clean and simple, I found a WOW image from their website and printed it onto satin finish photo paper, and then simply stamped a frame in a co-ordinating colour.  The graffiti style stamp is from one of my favourite Waltzingmouse stamp sets - Free Spirit - Boy.  This is great for teenage boys!!

Edited by me!! - 13/01/11 - 7.30am - just tried to use Linky on the Just Us Girls site - but it's closed - so I missed the challenge for this week - never mnid, I'll try again next week.


The front of Ben's card - I added the greeting in Publisher

The inside - the image on the vellum is a washout version of the front - but it doesn't really show up well here!!

I added a smaller picture (reversed the image) opposite the greeting.

The envelope - the image was printed onto vellum - slightly stronger than the one inside the card.

Stamps:  Waltzingmouse - Free Spirit Boy
Inks: Memento - Danube Blue
Card:  Papermania 8 x 8 white card; lilac backing card and vellum from stash

Kathryn also made a special card for her brother.  The topper (on the front and back of the card) are by Kanban Cards - really appropriate for a teenage boy.  The inside of the card is a popout that came free with one of my magazines.  I think she's coloured it in really well.


The front of Ben's card

The back - I really like this image!

The inside - with a bright and cheerful pop-out!!

I'm sure that Ben will have a fantastic day today - with lots of lovely cards. 

That's all for now - I'll be back again later.

7 comments:

Susan Hogan said...

Look out Deb, Catherine will be taking over all your card stash and doing you out of a job! They are both great cards.

GinaA said...

Brill card for a teenage boy, You have put a lot of thought into it.
regards
GinaA
x xx

Stella said...

Congratulations and happy birthday to your son!
He will be over the moon about this card you made; it's fabulous. And the same goes for the one that's made by your daughter. I can see that talent runs into the family :)
Enjoy this special day!

Vicky Hayes said...

I bet it means a lot to Ben that you and Kathryn have taken such care over his cards. They are both amazing.

Kathryn B said...

Happy B-day to your son! Your card is fab! Mr Linky is fixed resubmit it to jugs! Thanks for playing along with us this week!

Andrea M said...

Happy birthday to your son!!! What a great card! I'm sure he's going to love it! Wonderful matching envie! Thanks so much for playing along with Just Us Girls! Hope you'll join us again next week! I added your card via Linky for you :)

AKiteFlier said...

Wow this is fun. What a great BD card for your son. Thanks so much for playing along with JUGS this week. We appreciate your participation and your support.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...