Sunday 2 January 2011

CR84FN ....

... is the colour challenge that Mona Pendleton of Cupcake Creation's started in October last year (can't believe I'm saying that already!).  I missed the start of the challenges, but joined in from CR84FN3 - how could I resist - pinks and green - a wonderful colour combination.  And I was hooked.

Then, just before Christmas, I received an email from Mona telling me that CR84FN was going to have its own site and asking me if I'd like to join the Design Team.  I was shocked, delighted and amazed to be asked.  There was only one answer - YES!! 

So to the colour challenge for this week - beautifully soft pastel colours - a nice antidote to the winter weather.  The pictures are by Leslie from A Creative Mint - a treasure trove of inspirational images!!  Do check out Leslie's site.


It was so nice to make some cards that weren't for Christmas!!  I decided to make my sister-in-law's birthday card using the challenge colours.  I have a lovely flower set from Stampin' Up! - Greenhouse Garden - which I thought was just perfect.  I randomly (sort of) stamped the flowers to create the background paper.  I used the Spellbinders Fancy Tags to make the topper, shading it with the Distress inks I'd used for the flowers and finally added the birthday greeting.  This was mounted onto some soft pink textured mirri card. 


Stamps:  Stampin' Up! - Greenhouse Garden; Hobbyart - Happy Birthday
Inks:  Distress - Spun Sugar, Worn Lipstick, Dried Marigold, Spiced Marmalade, Mustard Seed; Memento - Dandelion
Spellbinders:  Fancy Tags
Accessories:  Mirri card from stash; two shades of ribbon from stash

I got a bit carried away and made a very clean and simple card too!  This appeals to me as a Chemistry geek!!



Stamps: There She Goes - Chemistry; Waltzingmouse - Frame-It
Inks: Versafine - Onyx Black; Memento - Tuxedo Black
Pens: Promarkers - Yellow, Peach, Baby Pink

Mona's put together an amazing team and you must be sure to visit their blogs:


Thanks for taking the time to visit with me - I'd love to hear from you too. 

22 comments:

Donna Mosley said...

Hi Deborah, Woohoo! big congrats on the DT spot. Very well deserved, your work is fantastic. Love the very pretty card, fab flower stamps and lovely colours.

Donna x

Mona Pendleton said...

Thanks so much Deb for your support from challenge #3 forward :) Both of your cards are awesome! Love the stamped flowery background on the first paired with that beautiful sentiment and fancy tag :) Love the CAS style of the second!

Pauline said...

Congratulations on your DT spot, so well deserved :-) Two lovely cards there in such a pretty colour palette, Happy New Year to you and your family, Pauline xx

Suzanne C said...

Your flowers are beautiful. Lovely flowery goodness. The chemistry card is adorable and gave me a chuckle!

Jackie said...

Congratulations on you DT post Deborah, I am sure you will do the team proud. Love your cards :o)
Jackie xx

Paula (PEP) said...

Congratulations - excellent news. I was looking for a colour challenge as I realised that I was missing that amongst my pruned selection & it so often just jogs the brain cells........ Love the flowery card & shall come back to this when the chores are done.
What a lovely start for the new year for you.
Paula (PEP)
http://pepcraftchallexp.blogspot.com/

voodoo vixen said...

Lovely pastel colours and the chemistry card is cute! Happy New Year to you! Annette

Lisa Somerville said...

Wonderful cards! The flowers on the BD card are just beautiful, the Chemistry card is super cute!

joanne wardle said...

brilliant, I love the chemistry card!
and congrats on joining the design team

Tatanky said...

Hello DEborah ! congratulations on becoming DT ! Great way to satrt the year. I just love the way you used your stamps here. Beautiful card.

Unknown said...

Such lovely cards, Deborah! Love the beautiful pastel flowers on the first and the CAS chemistry card!

Andrea M said...

Deborah! These cards are fabulous!!!! My fav is the chemistry card - I love when folks can do so much with just such a simple layout!!! They both ROCK!!!

Joanne Leddy said...

Congratulations! These cards are terrific and I look forward to what you have to share on the new Design Team! Mona's color combinations are always beautiful!

Sue Lelli said...

Deb, the great thing about your post is that you made two cards that were totally different using the same colors! I think it's inspiring to show two ways of looking at the same thing. Personally I am a flower kind of girl and just ADORE your BEAUTIFUL stamped flowers but your chemistry card made me laugh which is a good thing, too!

Vicky Hayes said...

Congratulations on your DT appointment Deborah! Have fun with it! Love your chemistry card too!

Gerrie Johnnic said...

Great cards and use of the colors, but I am really luvin' the chemistry theme!

Heather Rogers said...

Both cards are spot on for the color challenge. It is nice to be able to do different styles. I am a flower girl myself. Fab job! :)

Stella said...

Congratulations becoming a DT Member at CR84FN!!!!Both your cards are gorgeous. Yes I am a flower girl; the first one is my favorite :)

Jinny Newlin said...

Congratulations, Deb! How exciting for you! Both of your cards are so fun and playful! Loving this color combo! Thanks so much for leaving some love, on my blog, over the last few days. It means so much to me!

Chris said...

Congratulations Deborah! What a wonderful way to start the new year.

Your cards are beautiful, such a lovely colour combination.

Meredith MacRitchie said...

2 cards, and they're so different from each other, which is awesome :) I love your new blog background, it reminds me of beautiful wallpaper! :)

Gladys said...

Beautiful cards! Love the stamping background pattern!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...