Monday 10 January 2011

Circles and flowers ....

... that's my take on this week's challenge at Clean & Simple.  I really like this sketch, FTL122, and I kept pretty much to the layout too!




I decided to do something bright and cheerful - I've had quite enough of the cold and grey!  I used the lovely, and extremely versatile, Circle Circus from Stampin' Up!  I've used some elements of this set before, but I decided that I'd make my own backing paper with the set.  I went for shades of red and purple, with a dash of green for fun!!  I used my largest Woodware punch for the squares and mounted them onto a piece of red card.  The border was created using one of my (many!) Martha Stewart punches.  Finally, I used my Waltzingmouse stamps for a greeting and a flower accent.  Really delighted how well this turned out!!



Stamps:  Stampin' Up! - Circle Circus;  Waltzingmouse - Free Spirit - Boy, Rescue Remedies Additions
Inks: Memento - Rose Bud, Lady Bug, Grape Jelly, Sweet Plum, Lilac Posies, Lulu Lavender, Angel Pink, Pear Tart, Tuxedo Black; Versafine - Onyx Black
Promarkers:  Baby Pink, Poppy, Mandarin

I've also been working on a card for our son Ben - but you'll have to wait until later this week to see that card - Ben is a follower of mine and I don't want him to see it before he gets it!!  I've done a bit more tidying in my craft room too - I keep finding stuff I didn't know I had!!!  That's all for now - will be back later.


6 comments:

Norma said...

Hi Deborah, turned out just beautiful, love that you made your own background and the flowers are gorgeous!! Great job and good luck on your challenge:)
Hugs,
Norma

Jackie said...

Beautiful card, love your background :o)
Jackie xx

Vicky Hayes said...

Absolutely gorgeous Deborah! Love the Circle Circus background and it looks great in these soft colours.

Ivanka said...

Very pretty card, makes me think of spring!

Ruby said...

Love your card, the background is so pretty!

Heather P. said...

This is so totally CA-UTE! Love the colors, too!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...