Saturday 24 June 2017

CCT - Theme Reminder ....

.... Hello! I'm trying to catch up with some Christmas cards - I've missed rather too many lately, so I've another for our Nutcracker theme at Christmas Card Throwdown - CCT11:

God Jul - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Stamps: Waltzingmose - Nutcracker Sweet
Inks: Versafine - Onyx Black
Dies: Lil Inkers - Dual Stitched Rectangles #2
Accessories: White Lustre Card; DCWV DP - Rose Tinted Christmas; Anita's - Christmas Silver Vellum; Zig Clean Colour Brushes; Clear Embossing Powder; Gems; Tim Holtz Watercolour Card


I stamped this Nutcracker soldier on watercolour card, embossed with clear powder and then used my Zig Clean Colour Brushes to add colour. I also used an aquabrush filled with plain water to make some of the colours paler. Once he was completely dry I carefully cut him out. I've used this week's sketch from CAS(E) this Sketch! - CTS#227 for the layout. I a piece of bright pink design paper and some silver Christmas vellum using a stitched edge die. I adhered the vellum over the pink paper to bring down the glare a bit, and then adhered the panel to the centre of the card. I adhered the Nutcracker with dimensional tape and stamped the sentiment in bold black.God Jul is Norwegian and Swedish for Merry Christmas. I finished the front by adding some gems. On the inside I cut a piece of co-ordinating design paper for the mat and on the white panel stamped a simple greeting, and a black outline image of the Nutcracker soldier. I'm submitting this to Addicted to Stamps and More! - ATSM#247 for their Make Your Mark challenge.

God Jul inside - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's GemsGod Jul sq - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Today is going to be a bit rough. My Mum has been on holiday with us for the last two months, but she's going home to the UK today. It's always good to have Mum visit us, and she hates going home. It's a long flight which she doesn't really enjoy. While she's doesn't want to leave, she is looking forward to seeing her garden - which should be in full bloom - and to sleeping in her own bed. That's all for now.

signature

3 comments:

Monika Reeck said...

I love the non traditional DP you have choosen for a christmas card
and this nut cracker we can see that on the market in christmas time in Germany
sweet blue and grey colored him and lovely used the sketch Deborah....
many thanks to joining with us at ATSM this time
hugs
Monika

Kim Heggins said...

Oh....so cute. Love your adorable nutcracker!

Leigh Penner said...

Great take on the sketch!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...