Wednesday 26 April 2017

TMR - Theme

... Hi! I didn't manage to create anything for our last challenge at The Male Room, so for our new challenge today, I've created two projects!! For the next couple of weeks at The Male Room - TMR#59 we have a fun theme for your masculine projects, we want you to feature

MANY LEGS

I think this gives a few options. I've decided to make a couple of Halloween cards - featuring creatures with many, many legs!!!

Happy Halloween - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Stamps: Rick St Dennis Digi - Octasac; Clearly Besotted - All Occasion Sentiments
Inks: Versafine - Onyx Black
Accessories: White Lustre Card; Graphic 45 DP - Rare Oddities; Enamel Dots; Copics; Spectrum Noir Sparkle - Clear


I've used one of my favourite RSD digis for this card, and the thing I like about digi images is that you can change the size and orientation. So I printed one larger than the other and flipped the one so that they face each other. I cut a strip of design paper from some scrap and used this to anchor the Halloween Octopods. I coloured them with Copic markers, cut them out with a scalpel and added some sparkle to them with a clear Spectrum Noir brush. I hooked the larger of the octopus on the strip of card and adhered it flat. I used dimensional gel to attach the other octopus and finished by adding some enamel dots and a simple greeting in black. On the inside I cut a mat layer of co-ordinating design paper and put a panel of white card on top, which is blank for my message. I'm submitting this card to Less is More - LIM#325 where they want to see a clean and simple card with a stripe

Happy Halloween inside - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's GemsHappy Halloween sq - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

My second card also features a Rick St Dennis mutant alien - he's a Space Spider!!

Happy Halloween - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Stamps: Rick St Dennis Digi - Space Spider; Clearly Besotted - All Occasion Sentiments
Inks: Versafine - Onyx Black
Accessories: White Lustre Card; Graphic 45 DP - Rare Oddities; Vellum; Copics; Spectrum Noir Sparkle - Clear; Clear Embossing Powder


I used the sketch from this week's CAS(E) this Sketch! - CTS#218 for the layout, although I turned it to make a horizontal card. I think these mutants spiders are super, but I'm glad they're made of paper and not real!!!! I cut a large strip of design paper for the centre of the card and I based the colour of the spiders on the bottles (which you can just about see) on the strip. I stamped the sentiment on some cloudy vellum and heat embossed it with clear powder. On the inside I cut a mat layer from the co-ordinating design paper and added a white panel, currently blank.

Happy Halloween inside - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's GemsHappy Halloween sq - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

That's all from me today. Do visit The Male Room to see more inspiration projects from the rest of the Design Team. You've got plenty of time to play along with us - deadline for submission is midnight (BST) Tuesday 9th May, that's 7.00pm EDT. Have fun!!

signature

9 comments:

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Creepy outer space aliens, I LOVE them, beautifully coloured, love the designs on each card and the borders,
Faith
x

Esther said...

Awesome cards, Deborah... but my, they're creepy characters! *shiver* Loving the colouring and the fab, fun designs <3 Thanks so much for playing along with us at Less is More :)

Sazzle Dazzle said...

What super fun monsters / aliens Debs! Bit scary but brightly coloured and striking and a wonderful CAS design to incorporate a stripe on your card. thanks for playing along at Less is More this week.

Sarah G said...

These are truly monstrous designs, Deborah! So fun and quirky - they made me smile. Thank you for playing along with us at Less is More this week :)

Jane said...

Fabulous multi-legged monsters, love your ideas Deborah.

Chrissy Larson said...

Super fun spooky cards!

Rocky said...

I really hope I never find one of those mutant spiders in my bath, as long as they stay on that fab card I'll be fine.

Sharon Traynor Designs said...

Totally amazing images Deborah! Really jealous that you have these and I can see my grandson would love to get a card featuring a monstrous monster like one of those. Brilliant images for the boys. Great use of the stripe on the first card and thanks so much for sharing this one with us at Less is More xx

Katrins kreative ART said...

Super fun monsters! :) I love your ideas and spooky cards, Deborah.
Best greetings from Germany,
Katrin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...