Saturday 15 October 2016

52CCT - Theme & DT Call ....

... Hi! We're half way through October and it's only 10 weeks until Christmas! So I think our new challenge at 52 Christmas Card Throwdown - 52CCT41-16 might help to get you started on your cards. Of course, you may already have quite a stash. We have a theme for you this week - we want to see CHRISTMAS CRITTERS on your cards. Here's mine:

Warm Winter Wishes - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Stamps: Waltzingmouse - Little Deer, Flurries; Uniko - Simply Said Christmas
Inks: Memento - Tuxedo Black; Versafine - Onyx Black; Distress - Tumbled Glass, Broken China, Mustard Seed
Dies: Die-namics - Wonky Stitched Circles #5; Lawn Fawn - Stitched Hillside Borders
Accessories: White Lustre Card; Stampin' Up! Card - Soft Sky;  Copics; Wink of Stella - Clear; Glitter


I had lots of fun making this card. I used the sketch from the current Fusion Challenge - FUSION#59 for the layout. I cut a panel of white card the same size as the base and die cut a circle at the top. I stamped the tree on the card base. I punched a small circle and masked off an area for the sun, then I blended some blues to create the sky. I added some yellow to the sun. I stamped the deer, cardinal, and pile of presents on some scrap white card and coloured them all with Copics.  The critter stamps I used for this card faced the wrong way, so to get them facing the right direction, I used the mirror stamping technique that I'd seen on Jennifer MacGuire's blog. I adhered the circle panel to the card, attached the critters and parcels and then die cut some snowy hills. I added lots of glitter for sparkle. On the inside I cut a mat layer of pale blue card and added another little critter in the corner and a greeting too.

Warm Winter Wishesinside - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's GemsWarm Winter Wishes sq - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

The little deer on the inside is exactly as the image stamps. Love the mirror technique, gives so many extra options for your stamps.

For more inspiration - do visit the blog to see more from the rest of the Design Team.

Don't forget that we're in the middle of a DT Call at 52 Christmas Card Throwdown. In order to be considered you have to do at least 3 of the 5 challenges this month. So if you've skipped the sketch and colours, you have to do the last three challenges this month. Full details are on the blog.

Kat and I have a crafting weekend planned. We are both attending classes by the awesome Dyan Reavley. Will share photos later. Have great weekend!

signature

8 comments:

Fabiola said...

c'est une adorable scène Deborah, paisible et charmante, biz

Paper Lily Leaf said...

Beautiful, Deborah! I love the touches of glitter. Gorgeous critters! Xx

AlisonC said...

How clever to flip your creatures! Hope you had fun at the crafty weekend.

cm said...

What an absolutely adorable winter scene! The little deer, the cardinal, the stacks of gifts, the shimmery snow...soooo pretty! A fabulous take on the FUSION inspiration and I'm so glad you shared this gem in the gallery!
Hugs~c

Jeanne J. said...

Oh Deborah.. if you could have seen my face when I saw this WM deer... gosh I miss WM.. Beautiful scenes you created.. love the glow around the sun and the glittery accents! Hugs to you!

Michelle said...

Such a super cute card, Deborah! Thanks for joining us at Fusion!

Patricia Hays said...

Such a sweet snowy scene - and I love how you've decorated the inside of the card to follow through with the theme! Wonderful job, Deborah!

Lily-by-Gilly said...

As always, your attention to detail is superb - both inside and out xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...