Wednesday 3 August 2016

TMR - Theme ....

.... Morning! I'm just a bit late today with my card for our new challenge at The Male Room - TMR#41. We have a theme for you, and it's one that I think works perfectly for a guy challenge:

OLYMPICS/SPORTS

You can interpret the theme in many ways - pick a sport, use the logo colours, pick a city that's hosted the games, just explain your take. I decided to use up some of my stash and focused on some of the sports as well as the logo:

Good Luck - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Stamps: Clearly Besotted - A Little Sentimental
Inks: Versafine - Onyx Black
Dies: Sizzix - Tim Holtz Scribbles & Splat
Accessories: White Lustre Card; Stampin' Up! Card - Pacific Point, Basic Black, Real Red, Crushed Curry, Garden Green; Kanban Images


In my stash I have a large huge pile of Kanban images and papers that were part of a big Masculine pack on sale via QVC. I have used some of the images, but still have so much more to go and this was the perfect opportunity to use some of the sporting images. I've used tennis, cycling, running and football (soccer to my American friends) images - all games played at the Olympics. I also created a stylized Olympic logo using the circle scribble die - I did cut out the centre section of each circle. I finished the front with a couple of good luck greetings. I've not decorated the inside.

Do visit our blog to see more inspiration from the rest of the team. You've got plenty of time to play along - submission deadline is midnight (BST) Tuesday 16th August (7.00pm EDT). Have fun and do enjoy the Olympic Games!

signature

5 comments:

Buffy said...

Great project Debs, I am loving all these rough circles.
Hugs
Buf x

Mac Mable said...

Great take on the theme and clever idea with the die cut rings. Thank you for the inspiration x

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

WOW this is so GREAT and original too. Love what you have done.
Faith
x

Jane said...

Olympic rings for you too Deborah - great minds and all that! Love your sports pics behind them.

Mac Mable said...

Thank you for stopping by my blog and leaving such kind comments. I loved the challenge this fortnight and so glad I made the Olympic mobile as the UK team did brilliantly this time. x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...