Saturday 20 August 2016

52CCT - Theme ...

.... Morning! Miracles of miracles, I've actually managed to make my card on time for this week's 52 Christmas Card Throwdown - 52CCT33-16 challenge. This week is our theme challenge and the theme is GIFTS. My card features a somewhat unfriendly pile of gifts, but I think it's kind of fun for my son!!

Merry Christmas - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Stamps: Rick St Dennis Digi - Do Not Open til Creepmas; Uniko - Simply Said Christmas, Essentially Christmas
Inks: Versafine - Onyx Black; Versamark
Dies: Lil Inkers - Dual Stitched Rectangles #2, Stitched Panels
Accessories: White Lustre Card; Stampin' Up! Card - Basic Black, Real Red, Pistachio Pudding; Copics; Wink of Stella - Clear; White Embossing Powder


I love this pile of gifts - they're really wicked with fangs and scary eyes. And, of course, there's snakes too. This is not a traditional Christmas card, but my kids are both fans of Creepmas, and this fits the bill perfectly. I printed the image on white card, coloured it with Copics and added lots of sparkle with a clear Wink of Stella brush. The layout is based on this week's sketch at My Favourite Things Wednesday Sketch Club - MFTWSC#294 and the colours are from this week's Colour Q Challenge - cQc#355. On the inside I cut a mat of red design paper and simply stamped a little gift on the white panel.

Merry Christmas inside - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's GemsMerry Christmas sq - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Do visit our blog to see rather more traditional Christmas cards from the rest of the team. Have fun!!

signature

3 comments:

Fabiola said...

c'est très original et si différent Deborah, j'adore ton interprétation, biz

Tracey McNeely said...

Deborah your grumpy presents are making me laugh out loud! I think the perfect card for your son! Thank you for sharing with us at the colourQ this week!

AlisonC said...

This is a fun card and a bit different. Your children will love it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...