Saturday 19 March 2016

52CCT - Theme ...

.... Morning!  I'm running late with my card for our new challenge at 52 Christmas Card Throwdown - 52CCT11-16. Our challenge this week has been picked by Julie and she's gone for a FUNNY SENTIMENT as the theme. Well, I've a few digital images that certainly work for this challenge. Here's my first card:

Naughty Boy List - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Stamps: Bugaboo Digital - Stella Christmas Boy List; Uniko - Stunning Snowflakes, Simply Said Christmas
Inks: Versafine - Onyx Black; Brilliance - Starlight Silver
Dies: Die-namics - Wonky Stitched Rectangle Stax #3
Accessories: White Lustre Card; Stampin' Up! Card - Basic Black; Kanban DP - Silver Stars; Copics; Wink of Stella - Clear; Silver Glitter; Glossy Accents


I really like the Bugaboo Stella digis - the sentiments are always really pithy!! As I get older, I think I'm getting more like Stella :)) I printed her on white card, coloured her with Copics, added silver glitter to her hat and cut her out with a fancy edge die. I layered the image on black card and then attached it to a card which I had covered with grey and silver design paper (which I've had in my stash for ages!). I used a punch to cut out the matching sentiment - which really made me chuckle. I edged it with a silver marker and attached it with dimensional tape.  On the inside I cut a mat layer of the silver/grey DP and on the white panel I added a simple sentiment and some snowflakes.

Naughty Boy List inside - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's GemsNaughty Boy List sq - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

I used the colours from this week's Merry Monday Challenge - MM#196. I have a couple more cards to finish and will upload them shortly. In the meantime, there's more inspiration on our blog from the rest of the team. Do play along! I look forward to seeing your creations.

Hi! I'm back with the other cards I made for our Funny Sentiment challenge.  They all have a common theme with the Bugaboo digital images.  This one features JJ:

Define Good - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Stamps: Bugaboo Digital - JJ Ornament Define Good; US - Stunning Snowflakes, Simply Said Christmas
Inks: Versafine - Onyx Black; Brilliance - Starlight Silver; Stampin' Up! - Wisteria Wonder
Dies: Die-namics - Wonky Stitched Rectangles Stax #4, Wonky Stitched Ovals Stax #3
Accessories: White Lustre Card; SU Card - Wisteria Wonder; Kanban DP - Silver Stars; Copics; Wink of Stella - Clear; Glitter; Glossy Accents


I printed JJ on white card, coloured her with Copics, cut her out with a die and then added glitter and some glossy accents to her specs. I cut a panel of design paper on which to layer her. On the inside I cut a white panel on which I stamped some snowflakes and added a simple Christmas greeting. The colours for this card are from Colour Throwdown - CTD#384.

Define Good inside - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's GemsDefine Good sq - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

The last card I made for this week's challenge features Stella - she's got a theme going with being naughty!

Be Naughty - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Stamps: Bugaboo Digital - Stella Christmas Sled; US - Stunning Snowflakes, Simply Said Christmas
Inks: Versafine - Onyx Black; Brilliance - Starlight Silver; Stampin' Up! - Watermelon Wonder
Dies: Die-namics - Double Stitched Square Stax #5
Accessories: White Lustre Card; SU Card - Watermelon Wonder; Copics; Wink of Stella - Clear and Gold; Glitter; Glossy Accents


The colours for this card are from CAS Colours & Sketches - CASC&S#165.

Be Naughty inside - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

I had fun making a small set of cards with Funny Sentiments!  Do join in with our challenge and to get a good start on your cards for this year's stash! It's so much easier to make your Christmas cards slowly over time than rush at the end of the year.  Have fun!

signature

13 comments:

karen h said...

Such fun Christmas cards - love the humor! Thanks for sharing at CC&S!

Bonnie said...

You have sure made me smile with these fun Christmas cards, Deborah! Love each of the images and that star paper is awesome! Thanks for sharing these with us at Merry Monday!

Susan Joyce said...

Great collection of funny cards Deborah, love the DSP you used for your background and your touches of bling. Thanks for playing at Merry Monday this week.

Julie said...

What a fun set of cards! Stella is always good for a laugh!
Julie T

Sue Lelli said...

I LOVE those Bugaboo images! Your Christmas cards are Delightful, Deb!!!

Colleen said...

OMG, these all cracked me up! The sentiments are a hoot!! All three of them are just delightful, thank you for sharing them at Merry Monday!

Kajcyika said...

Great set of cards Deborah. Really funny :)

Fabiola said...

Oh Deborah, elles sont toutes super sympa et drole, biz

Beverley said...

These are so funny and sure have cheered my Monday up! A delight as always to stop by and see such beautiful creations and see you in the CC&S gallery too. Thanks for playing along this week. Hugs Bev x

Jane said...

You've certainly picked a wonderful collection of Christmas ladies - love them! Thanks for using the CC&S colours for one of your delightful humourous cards.

Lori said...

I love these! Too fun! Thanks for joining us at The Color Throwdown!

Unknown said...

Loving your naughty lady Deb! Thanks for joining us again at CC&S. Caro x

Skylark said...

What a lovely set of fun sayings (and naughty ladies to go with them)! Thanks for joining us again at CC&S this last week. Stef x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...