Wednesday 18 March 2015

TMR - DT Call and Theme ....

... Hello and good morning!  It's time for our new challenge at The Male Room, but before I get to that, I thought I'd remind you that we're having a DT Call - check out the blog for full details.  We have a theme for you to use for your masculine project:

UNDER WATER!!

I've made a fun and rather silly birthday card - suitable for a young (or young at heart) guy:

Make a Wish - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Stamps: Dylusions - Under The Sea, Ocean Background; Uniko Studio - Big & Bold: Wish
Inks: Memento - Tuxedo Black; Versafine - Onyx Black; Stampin' Up! - Real Red
Dies: Lil Inkers - Stitched Rectangles
Accessories: White Lustre Card; SU DP - Maritime; SU Card - Night of Navy, Real Red; Copic Markers


I've based this card on the layout over at CAS(E) this Sketch - CTS#114.  I covered the card with some wonderful fishy design paper.  I die cut a panel of white card and stamped a very bold sentiment in black and red, and layered the panel on some navy card.  I stamped the octopus and fish, some of Dyan Reaveley's wonderfully weird creations, on white card and coloured them with Copic markers, using the colours from the design paper.  I carefully cut out the creatures, edged them with a black marker and adhered them to the card.  On the inside I cut a mat layer of red card and stamped an under water scene around the border - leaving a space in the middle for my message.

Make a Wish inside - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's GemsMake a Wish sq - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

The rest of the team have some fabulous cards to share with you, using our Under Water theme - all so different - all just fab!  You have until Tuesday 31st March, midnight GMT (7pm EDT) to play along with our challenge.  Go wild and have fun!!

signature

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is such a fun card Deborah - I love it! Great colours and fab stamped images too. I have that background paper, which I've not even cut into yet, but you have inspired me - thanks! Hugs, Gill xx

Ardyth said...

This made me laugh out loud - it's like a nightmarish take on Dr Suess' One Fish Two Fish. And the sentiment is PERFECT!

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, this is so fun! Great take on the sketch!

*Vicki* said...

Oh my gosh I just LOVE this Deborah!! The fish background is awesome!! :) Hope to find something to work with!! HUGS

Louise van Vuren said...

This is such fun, inside and out. Love the fishy paper great card for The Male Room
Louise xx

Monika Reeck said...

you have a great fishy paper and I love the stamp you choose soo cuutee that the blue fish want to eat the red fish and the red fish eyes looking afraid to the blue one you really made fun and cute scene Deborah
Love your idea..
Great manly card and thanks for all your love to my cards...
hugs, Monika

Vicki Dutcher said...

Way to use the sketch fabulous card

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...