Saturday 28 February 2015

52CCT - Stash ....

.....  Hello, good morning!  Can you believe it's the last day of February?  No, neither can I!  This month has flown by.  It does bring us to the last challenge of the month here at 52 {Christmas} Card Throwdown.  This week we have a stash challenge - something that many of you have in at least one (if not more) forms - MARKERS!  Here's my card:

Christmas Day - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Stamps: Woodware - Christmas Date
Inks: Memento - Tuxedo Black
Accessories: White Lustre Card; Copics and Promakers; Glitter

This is an ultra clean and simple card.  I've used the colours from this week's Colour Throwdown Challenge - CTD#331.  I stamped the image several times onto white card.  I coloured each section with markers (used a mixture of Copics and Promarkers), then fussy cut out the numbers, holly leaves and berries as well as the background.  I adhered the numbers and leaves to the background and then used dimensional tape to attach the finished image to the card base.  I finished by adding a touch of glitter to the snow!  I've not had time to do the inside - but I'll do that in the week and add details later.

Christmas Day - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems



For more inspiration using markers - check the blog to see what the rest of the team have made.  See you soon.

signature

9 comments:

Tanja said...

love the glitter and the color combo - I would love to receive such a beautiful Christmas card

Danielle Vincent said...

I LOVE how you kept this so clean and let that image totally be the focus of this beautiful card Deborah! Just wonderful! Hugs D

Vickie Z said...

Love this Deb!! These colors are wonderful for Christmas!! So glad you joined us at CTD!!

Julie said...

Love the pink.
Julie T

Joan Ervin said...

What a fabulous Christmas design...love how you used the colors...beautifully done!!! Thanks for joining us for the Color Throwdown Challenge!!

Patricia Hays said...

You know CAS is right up my alley so I think your card is fantastic! I thought it was a one layer card at first, but I like how you'd added a bit of dimension by layering the image. Nicely done! :)

Anonymous said...

I love the clean and modern design. Love the colours too. Hugs, Gill xx

Susan said...

Would never have thought to use those colors on this image...but how perfect it turned out! Love it!

AlisonC said...

Your card is so bright and eye catching. I'm a big fan of Woodware stamps.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...