Saturday 13 September 2014

52CCT - Colours ...

....  Hello everyone!  I'm back with our new challenge at 52 {Christmas} Card Throwdown.  This week is our colour challenge and Asha would like you to use:

Red OR Blue + Black AND White + Silver OR Gold

Here's my card:

Merry Christmas - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Stamps: Deedee's Digis - Dashing Through; Reverse Confetti - Bring on the Merry
Inks: Archival - Jet Black
Dies: Spellbinders - Wonky Rectangles (S4-306) # 5 & 6
Accessories: White Lustre Card; Silver Mirri Card; Copic Markers; Martha Stewart Tinsel Glitter; White Flock Powder; Craftwork Cards Sentiment Label


Our sponsor this month is Deedee's Digis and I've used her cute Dashing Through image on my card.  I've used the theme from this week's Merry Monday - MM#125 challenge - Transportation - a sled, albeit a penguin sled!!!  I printed the image onto white card, coloured with Copic Markers and used dies to cut it out.  I like the fun shape which goes with the fun image.  I used white flock powder for the Santa hat.  I added some sparkle to the finished image with tinsel glitter.  I layered the image onto a panel of silver mirri card.  I added a bit of definition to both panels by going round the edge of the silver mirri crd with a black marker and the edge of the white panel with a red marker.  I finished the front with a sentiment label from my stash which I edged in red and adhered with dimensional gel.  On the inside I cut a mat layer of silver mirri card, cut a panel of white card which I edged in red and a bold sentiment to go with the greeting on the front. 


Merry Christmas inside - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Please excuse the photos - it's very hard to photograph mirri card - you can see my reflection in the main image above!!!  The mirri card also looks a bit gold, but it is silver, which you can see in the bottom photo.

Including this challenge we have 13 challenges before Christmas - so if you've not played along yet, you still have the opportunity to get at least 13 cards made before it's time to post them out!  For more inspiration cards using these fabulous colours, do check our blog to see the cards from the rest of the Design Team.  Have a super weekend, see you soon.

signature

14 comments:

Danielle Vincent said...

Perfect image choice for these colors Deborah. I agree - it is a very fun card that makes a person feel happy! Hugs D

Anonymous said...

What cute penguins Deborah! A really fun Christmas card. (I love your selfie in the silver mirri :D ) Hugs, Gill x

laurie said...

So cute, love those wonky rectangles!

I have the same problem photographing..but the shiny foil looks so awesome in person. I keep trying different angles, maybe one time I'll get lucky!

Kristie Goulet said...

Such an adorable penguin sled! Great card. Thank you for joining us at Merry Monday!

Susan Powell said...

Those penguins are adorable!! What a cute card!

OH Babs said...

Such a cute card but the wonky rectangles are a hoot.

JoAnn said...

Sweet card and cute image.

Renee said...

What a fun and adorable card...
love it!
And yes...
that mirror paper is horrid to try and photograph...
but it just looks SO pretty! :)

Fabiola said...

c'est trop fun Deborah, elle est super sympa, quels amours de pingouins, biz

Jacqueline said...

A lovely card Deborah - I love your penguins - Jacqueline xx

Ruth M said...

Fun, festive and oh, so fabulous Deborah! Those adorable penguins made me break out in a big smile! The Mirri card was a great choice for your wonderful card but it is difficult to photograph!

Have a great week! Ruth x

Susan Joyce said...

Wonderful, fun design. Thanks for playing at Merry Monday.

Patricia Hays said...

The silver cardstock really makes your card shine! The cute image is sure to bring smiles to the person who receives this card.

Peanut said...

Oooh!They look like they are having soooo much fun!
And... I spy someone in the mirri! A fabby festive card, Deborah.
hugs, Asha

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...