Wednesday 20 August 2014

TMR - Stars ....

.... Hello - this another of my scheduled posts (so I hope it works okay)!  It's time for our new challenge at The Male Room.  For the next couple of weeks we'd like to see your masculine style projects with the theme of:

STARS

Here's my card and it's going into my stash.  I can never have enough male cards!!

Happy Birthday - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Stamps: Stampin' Up! - Be the Star, Endless Birthday Wishes
Inks: SU - Early Espresso, Summer Starfruit, Tempting Turquoise
Dies: SU/Sizzix - Stars Framelits; Die-namics - Fishtail Flags Layers Stax #2
Accessories: White Lustre Card; SU DP - Island Indigo; SU Card - Summer Starfruit; Wink of Stella Brush - Clear



I used a couple of challenges in the making of this card - the colours are from Colour Q - cQc#253 and the layout is based on the sketch from Seize the Sketch - STS#26 (sadly, I'm too late to submit to either challenge).   I cut a panel of design paper and adhered it to the card.  Then I stamped three different stars and cut them out with the co-ordinating dies.  I added some sparkle to the stars, but you can't see it in the photo above, but in the one below (out of focus to show the shimmer) you certainly can!!  I attached the large and medium stars directly to the card and used dimensional tape for the smallest star.  I stamped a birthday greeting on the flag.  The inside is blank for my message.

Stars detail - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

For more inspiration using the STARS theme on your masculine cards - do visit our blog and check out the cards from the rest of the Design Team.  Can't wait to see what you make.  Have fun!

signature

7 comments:

Vicki Dutcher said...

Great card! Love the added sparkle to your stars

Pauline said...

Great masculine card Deborah, and you got the colours perfect!

Deepti said...

Fab card :) I love the sparkle !

Jacqueline said...

Fab card Deborah - great for the challenge - Jacqueline xx

Sue - said...

Love the sparkly stars!

Jocelyn aka JoBear2 said...

Gorgeous masculine card! Love the design and your sparkly stars look awesome!

Jocelyn x
Instead of Ironing Blogspot

FiestyCrafter (Tina) said...

I love this!! The stars really take the show and are beautiful!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...