Saturday 12 July 2014

WMSFC - Sketch ....

....  Good morning everyone!  Tara and I were delighted to see so many gorgeous submissions to our Anything Goes challenge, we hope to see just as many to our new challenge. For the next couple of weeks at Waltzingmouse Fanatics, we'd like you to base your projects on our sketch. Here's my take:

Birthday Wishes - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Stamps: Waltzingmouse - Two Step Sprig, Big Day-Today, Large Doily
Inks: Stampin' Up! - Poppy Parade, More Mustard, Coastal Cabana, Island Indigo; Archival - Jet Black; Versamark
Accessories: White Lustre Card; SU Card - Island Indigo; Vellum; Clear Embossing Powder; Copic Marker


I've used the colours from Colour Q - cQc#249 - it's been a while since I joined in with this challenge and I'm glad to play along with these wonderful colours.  I stamped the solid leaves in pale aqua directly on the card base and then added the leaf veins with dark teal.  I inked the doily first with Versamark and then pale aqua, stamped onto vellum and heat embossed the image with clear powder.  Then I fussy cut it out - it's actually really easy to do.  I ran the doily through the Xyron to make it self-adhesive and adhered it to the card.  To create the flowers I inked up the solid image and stamped the second generation impression then added the shadows in the same colour with the first generation impression.  After stamping the centre of the flowers I added a little more colour with a Copic marker.  There are no matching dies to these flowers, but they are very easy to cut out.  I attached the large flowers directly to the card and attached the smaller ones with dimensional gel.  I finished the front with an elegant flourish sentiment.  On the inside I cut a mat layer of dark aqua and on the white panel added some leaves and finished off with a small flower.

Birthday Wishes inside - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

For more inspiration using the sketch - do check out Tara's card - it's fabulous!  We would love to see your creations based on the sketch.  Our only rule is that you use AT LEAST ONE Waltzingmouse image, sentiment or digi.  You've got plenty of time to join in the fun - the challenge runs until Thursday 24th July, 6.00pm BST (1.00pm EDT).

I've been a bit quiet on the blog lately, I have finally started to edit photos from various photo shoots.  I hope to get a few photos on the blog next week - I think they are all perfectly safe - any that aren't you'll be able to see on Flickr.  We are all off to another photo shoot today - an afternoon in the sun at the pool - should be great fun.  See you soon.

signature

2 comments:

Amy White said...

Very pretty - the embossed doily in the background is a lovely touch! Thanks for playing along with the ColourQ this week!

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

So pretty - that heat embossed doily and the flower cluster - just fabulous!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...