Saturday 19 July 2014

Owl be watching you ....

... okay, I'm sorry, I know I shouldn't start with such an awful pun!  But it was a good title.  You've probably realised that my card today features an owl!  I may have mentioned that I adore owls.  Here's my card:

Fine Feathers - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Stamps: Waltzingmouse - Fine Feathers, Woodgrain; Amy Tangerine - Aspire
Inks: Stampin' Up! - Real Red, Bermuda Bay, Crumb Cake; Archival - Jet Black
Dies: Serendipity - Owl outline and background dies; Spellbinders - Inverted Scalloped Circle Lg (S4-194) #6
Accessories: White Lustre Card; SU Card - Real Red, Bermuda Bay; Black Card; WMS - Twine


I've based the layout on our sketch at Waltzingmouse Fanatics - WMSFC#22, I've used the gorgeous colours from The Card Concept - CC#14 and I've added twine which is what the DT at Serendipity - SSCB#33 want us to do.  The card is in the clean and layered style.  I got this wonderful owl die last year and haven't used it nearly enough.  I made the owl by cutting out the backing layer and the outline in black card.  I adhered the outline layer to the background layer and started filling in the die cut areas with red, teal and white card - it take a while, but is so worth it.  I stamped the large wood grain image on white card, cut out the funky circle and adhered that directly to the card base.  I stamped the chevrons a few times and then cut them to size and added twine up the centre of each section.  I adhered the owl and chevrons with dimensional tape.  I finished the front of the card with a simple sentiment which goes with the owl.  This card could be a simple get well card, or be sent to a friend who is simply feeling a bit low.  On the inside I cut a mat layer in black and on the white panel I added a few feathers at the side, leaving a large space for a message.

Fine Feathers inside - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

We're all off out to a photo shoot today - this time featuring a Harley Davidson motor bike, a model and lace!  Should be lots of fun.  See you soon.

signature

13 comments:

Deepti said...

This owl is so adorable ! Great take in the challenges :)

stampwithamyk said...

That is too cute! Love sentiment. Great layout and design!

Tenia Nelson said...

Super fun!!! :)

Cathy Weber said...

I re cognized that Serendipity owl right away Deborah! Love your little "punny" card...so cute! It is so great that you combined it with the feathers stamps and sentiment too. I really like the owl in different colors...going to try that one myself!

Jen W. said...

This is awesome, Deborah! I love that big, bold owl and the cool shape of the woodgrain!

Lilian said...

Coming from The Card Concept...loved your card! I love owls, too! =)
Lilian
theleafstudio.blogspot.com

Jess said...

Great card! Love the bold colors!

JD/ Jill said...

Really cute card...and I like the sentiment that you put with it.

Kerin said...

Wow, the detail on your intricate little owl is awesome. I keep staring at him! Thanks for joining us this week at The Card Concept :)

Marybeth said...

I love the pun! Love your very colorful owl and the beautiful feathers on the inside. Thanks so much for joining us at Serendipity Stamps CB, Deborah.

Vickie Z said...

Pun's good!! Love that owl....in that mix of colors...wonderful!! Glad you played along!

Jeanne J. said...

OMG!!! I love this Deborah! The blue and red look wonderful on Mr. Who! You gave it a fun funky look with the chevrons, and wow! Love the feather accents too!

Joyce said...

I just saw this card on the Serendipity blog and had to come over to congratulate you on your win. This is so amazing--I love how you varied the colors on that owl. I have this die, and never thought of doing that. Thanks for the inspiration--I'll be pinning and casing this one.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...