Saturday 20 April 2013

Santa's Coming to Town ....

.... Hi!  Can you believe how fast this month is going?  It's already time for our next challenge at 52 {Christmas} Card Throwdown and being the third Saturday of the month, means we have a theme challenge.  This week we want you to feature the Big Guy - Santa Claus or Father Christmas if you prefer!  I've got a few Santa stamps and it was a bit tough decided which to use, but I love this Santa cameo:


Stamps: Waltzingmouse Stamps - Santa's Coming to Town, Wooden Heart Alphabet, Oval Classic Frames; My Favourite Things - Seasonal Sentiments
Inks: Versamark; Memento - Lady Bug, Cottage Ivy; Distress - Antique Linen
Dies: Spellbinders - Ovals Sm (S4-112) #5; Die-namics - Jumbo Fishtail Banner STAX #1 and #8
Accessories: SEI design paper - Holiday Traditions; Cosmic Shimmer EP - Olumpic Gold Lustre; Cream Lustre Card; Versarmark Pen


This is a really traditional Christmas card.  The design paper is double sided, so coordinates perfectly.  For the layout I used this week's sketch from My Favourite Things Wednesday Sketch Club - MFTWSC120 but I turned it so that the banner was at the top.  It's been a while since I joined in with this challenge - so I'm pleased to be back!

I decided to use the striped side for the bottom layer of the card and the holly side for the banner panel.   I used the Jumbo Fishtail dies to cut the main banner panel and the little ones for the sentiment.  I used the largest plain oval and cut a cream oval onto which I stamped the image of Santa in Versamark.  I heat embossed the image with Gold Lustre powder and repeated three times to give a really lovely enamel type finish.  I stamped the green leaf border next and then, using my Versamark pen, drew round the oval and roughly embossed the border.  I stamped a stylised snowflake onto each of the mini banner pieces and then stamped the letter in Lady Bug red!  I attached the mini banner letters directly to the card base and adhered the Santa oval with dimensional tape.



For the inside I cut another piece of the design paper for the mat layer and on the cream panel I stamped a simple, but heartfelt, Christmas sentiment.  

I'm looking forward to seeing your creations to showcase Santa Claus!!!  Hope you have a great weekend.  See you soon.

10 comments:

Paula (PEP) said...

Superbly effectdive with the gold of Santa on the front & I love the way you carried the traditional colours through into the inside - a Golden Christmas indeed!!
Paula (PEP)

Ruth M said...

What a festive card Deborah, I love the traditional feel this card has - great take on the sketch too! Ruth x

Mona Pendleton said...

Oh so pretty Deb! Love the beautiful gold embossed santa silhouette! Thanks for joining along with MFT :)

McCrafty's Cards said...

Gorgeous card Deborah, I like the santa face the papers and the noel.
Kevin xx

Mynn xx said...

LOVE your pennant motif, Deb, and the Santa silhouette in gold is just perfect! HUGS and have a great week! :)

Karen Aicken said...

What a lovely Christmas card! I like the paper combo you used, and that wonderful Santa image.
Cheers, Karen

Tara Cardwell said...

Gorgeous Deborah - I really love the abstract snowflakes highlighting the letters - a really nice touch!
Tara
x

sarahstone said...

What a cool layout, Deborah, and I really like that holly paper. I have some fabric just like that. Thanks for hosting this month!

Jacqueline said...

This is lovely Deborah - love your lovely Santa - Jacqueline xx

Danielle Vincent said...

I love the banner sentiment on the front of your great Santa card Deb!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...