Thursday 13 January 2011

Waltzingmouse sketch challenge ...

... has caused me endless problems this week!!  The Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge is one of my favourite challenges; it was one of the first that I joined.  Initially I thought the sketch for this week was fine - but I've tried making a bag or two - they're in the bin!!  I started on a card last night with a handbag as the feature - but it wasn't right and time was getting short, but I couldn't think what to do.  So I decided to sleep on it.


And this morning I knew what I was going to make.  I completely gave up on the idea of making a bag and decided to turn the sketch on its side and use the general layout in the design of the card.  I think you can still see the shape in the card.   While tidying up at the weekend I came across so many pretty papers (that I'd sort of forgotten).  One of the paper sets had pretty pink flowers on it, so I decided to use roses and pinks.  I stamped the medium rose and rose bud from Roses in Bloom, coloured them with Promarkers.  I cut a couple of circles and ran one through my "bug" to add texture.  For extra texture I added some lace and a beautiful hand crocheted flower sent to me by Sue Walsh - A Consuming Passion.  I'm absolutely delighted with how this turned out.



Stamps:  Waltzingmouse - Roses in Bloom
Inks: Distress - Tattered Rose, Victorian Velvet;  Versafine - Onyx Black
Promarkers: Peach, Coral, Sunkissed Pink, Pastel Pink, Pastel Green, Soft Green
Spellbinders:  Circles - Petit Scalloped Circles and Plain circles
Cuttlebug: D'vine Swirls
Flower:  From Sue Walsh

I think that's all for today - it's my third post!!!  Before I go though, I must welcome another follower.  Hello and Welcome to Annemaritta, so glad you joined me.  Do drop by again tomorrow. 

11 comments:

Stella said...

I also turned the sketch... after 4 cards I finally came up with something decent :)
And you did a fabulous job. An amazing color scheme and I love love love those flowers!

Laura (scrapnextras) said...

Beautiful card! Love your take on the sketch and your gorgeous colour choices!

Paula (PEP) said...

Tremendous - love the soft colours & femininity of it.
Paula (PEP)

McCrafty's Cards said...

Its a beautiful card,lovely colours and i love the crocheted flower.
Kevin xx

Laura Evangeline said...

Great blog!

Donna Mosley said...

Hi Deborah, very beautiful card. Love the fab sketch and yummy colours you've used. Gorgeous crochet flower too, very pretty, love all of it.

Donna x

Clare said...

Love what you did with the sketch, turned out fab!! the sweet crochet flower is adorable!

Buffy said...

Truely lovely card

Mona Pendleton said...

Gorgeous card Deb! Love all the texture and the bloom looks fab! Thanks for playing along with the WMSC :)

PapierGirl said...

How clever turning the sketch on it's side! So soft and pretty! :)

Nicci said...

Love the colour combo Deborah, I shall be taking inspiration from you! x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...