Friday 7 January 2011

The recipe to follow ....

... for this week's challenge at Cooking It Up With Katie is to use some ribbon, a button or two and show an animal.  Now I found the sweetest little elephant when I visited Spyder's Corner during the WOYWW blog hop.  Lyn (Spyder) has drawn the cutest Elle with a heart and given it to us as a freebie - do check out her site - she does the sweetest animals!!

Anyway, I downloaded the image thinking I'd use it later - perhaps Valentine's!!  Then I saw the challenge must feature an animal - so it had to be Elle the Elephant.  The great thing about digital images is that you can resize them so easily.  I've actually made two cards for the challenge - both for new babies - one in blue (A6) and one in pink (square 13.5 x13.5 cm)!!  I've coloured the images with Promarkers and cut them out and mounted onto Spellbinder shapes, which had previously been coloured with co-ordinating Distress inks.  On the blue card I also added some Glossy Accents to the bow and hearts - looks great in real-life.  So here are the cards:



Image:  Elle with a Heart - Spyder's Corner
Promarkers: Ice Grey - 1, 3, 5; Blush, Powder Blue, Cobalt Blue, Royal Blue
Inks:  Distress - Stormy Sky, Chipped Sapphire
Spellbinders:  Beaded Ovals
Accessories:  Ribbon, butons, papers and greetings from stash



Image:  Elle with a Heart - Spyder's Corner
Promarkers: Cool Grey - 1, 3, 5; Blush, Baby Pink, Carmine
Inks:  Distress - Spun Sugar, Worn Lipstick
Spellbinders:  Crown Circles
Accessories:  Ribbon, butons, papers and greetings from stash

I'm really pleased with them - it's always useful to have baby cards in your stock - you never know when they might come in handy.  These were fun to make.

Finally, we woke to snow this morning.  The weather forecast has suggested snow, but we've been so lucky and managed to avoid most of the worst last time.  However, today it's been snowing steadily since we got up and the sky is very grey.  So far there's about an inch of snow on the ground.  I'm hoping that it stops soon!!  Still it's not stopping the school trip to the Panto - and that's the most important thing. 

Now I suppose I'd better finish off that ironing.  See you later.

17 comments:

Kristi said...

Adorable cards!! That elephant is too cute!

Doreen said...

Fabulous cards,such a cute image.Thanks for sharing this with us at Cooking it up with Katie.xxx

Serendipity Stamping said...

Cute, cute image and you have done a great job ob showcasing them. Check the Daf and it turned out lovely.

Anne Jagger said...

They are gorgeous.

GinaA said...

Lovely stamp, the cards are really sweet. Must get going and do some myself, after the house decorating perhaps!
GinaA
x

G Peplow said...

Hi Deborah, very cute cards, perfect for new babies. OOh I hope your snow doesn't hang around too long brrrr:0) xxx

McCrafty's Cards said...

Hi Deborab, long time no see, I hope you are keeping well, I like both of these cards they are gorgeous.
I am now a follower.
Kevin xx

Susan (peebsmama) said...

Very sweet baby cards. I like the beaded die cuts you used with them.

Spyder said...

Wow Deborah you've made Elle look fabulous with your lovely colouring, and the design of your gorgeous cards. I hope you don't mind if I 'borrow' them with a link back to you! Both cards are really lovely!
((Lyn))

Peninia / Gosia said...

Fabulous cards ;)
*hugs-Peninia*

Katie said...

Adorable, love the woven ribbon!
On a side note when I last lived in the UK I was close to you over in Holywell!
Thanks for Cooking It Up With Katie this week :)

Stella said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Stella said...

Aww.... they're both so cute and sweet!

Unknown said...

These are both darling, Deborah!

Chris said...

great and fun cards, I love the nesties and especially adore that blue heart shaped button, it's a great final touch.
thanks for playing with us at Cooking it Up with Kate.

Anita said...

These are so cute. I especially like how you wove the ribbon through the nestie on the first card.

Suzie McFloozy said...

These are simply adoreable - soooo sweet x
Great job x
Thanks for playing along again with us at Cooking it up with Katie this week x
((hugs)) Suzie xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...