Thursday 13 January 2011

OLW 36 ...

... Jennifer of Styles Ink is hosting this week's OLW challenge.  It's a super challenge - Jennifer wants us to make a one layer card "using a bare tree, or bare vegetation of some kind – that means no leaves, no needles, no buds, no flowers.  You can use as many images/sentiments/colours as you like, but you must use one plant image that is “bare”.  As soon as I read the requirements I knew exactly what my card would look like.

I made a stencil using the largest die in the Spellbinders Labels 14 set and sponged  in the background sky and ground.  Then I found my wonderful, and much neglected, bare tree stamps designed by Glenda Waterworth.  Finally, I added the senitment.  Easy-peasy.  And I'm absolutely deligthed with the card.



Stamps:  Elusive Images - Bare Trees; Creative Expressions - Time
Inks: Distress - Shabby Shutters, Bundled Sage, Tumbled Glass, Stormy Sky, Pumice Stone; Versafine - Black Onyx
Spellbinders:  Labels 14 (S5-22) die # 6

8 comments:

Vicky Hayes said...

Oh I love a sponged background and your colours are lovely! It makes a very graphic image with the bare tree.

Stella said...

It has almost something spriritual; wow... I love that sentiment. Less is definitely more. Gorgeous!!!

Paula (PEP) said...

I love this - so effective & classy & the sentiment really apt.
Paula (PEP)

Jennifer Styles said...

Lovely colours, great image and a simply lovely card!

Great job on the challenge and thanks for playing along with OLW36!

Carola Bartz said...

Thst IS a beautiful card, and such an easy technique. I love it!

Susan said...

Oh my! Love this card! That tree stamp is fabulous! I need to find that!

Chrissie said...

This is fabulous Deborah, I couldn't find OLW 36 this week, I'll have to go a-searching!
Thanks so much for following Less is More we shall look forward to your creations!
Chrissie

Dena J said...

This so so pretty! I love your use of the shape to create the scene.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...