Thursday, 13 January 2011

OLW 36 ...

... Jennifer of Styles Ink is hosting this week's OLW challenge.  It's a super challenge - Jennifer wants us to make a one layer card "using a bare tree, or bare vegetation of some kind – that means no leaves, no needles, no buds, no flowers.  You can use as many images/sentiments/colours as you like, but you must use one plant image that is “bare”.  As soon as I read the requirements I knew exactly what my card would look like.

I made a stencil using the largest die in the Spellbinders Labels 14 set and sponged  in the background sky and ground.  Then I found my wonderful, and much neglected, bare tree stamps designed by Glenda Waterworth.  Finally, I added the senitment.  Easy-peasy.  And I'm absolutely deligthed with the card.



Stamps:  Elusive Images - Bare Trees; Creative Expressions - Time
Inks: Distress - Shabby Shutters, Bundled Sage, Tumbled Glass, Stormy Sky, Pumice Stone; Versafine - Black Onyx
Spellbinders:  Labels 14 (S5-22) die # 6

8 comments:

  1. Oh I love a sponged background and your colours are lovely! It makes a very graphic image with the bare tree.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It has almost something spriritual; wow... I love that sentiment. Less is definitely more. Gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this - so effective & classy & the sentiment really apt.
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely colours, great image and a simply lovely card!

    Great job on the challenge and thanks for playing along with OLW36!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thst IS a beautiful card, and such an easy technique. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my! Love this card! That tree stamp is fabulous! I need to find that!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is fabulous Deborah, I couldn't find OLW 36 this week, I'll have to go a-searching!
    Thanks so much for following Less is More we shall look forward to your creations!
    Chrissie

    ReplyDelete
  8. This so so pretty! I love your use of the shape to create the scene.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit my blog and check out my creations. I'd love to hear from you. Deborah x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...