Tuesday 11 January 2011

For a child - part two ...

... yesterday I posted a card that I'd made for the One Stop Craft Challenge 113 - which was to make a card for a child, and I told you that I'd actually made two cards.  But I was a tease, and kept one back for today!!  This card was also made using the "Help for Katie" stamp set that is available on Jak Heath's blog - helping to raise funds for Katie and her family.

In the stamp set there are lots of super images, but I feel in love with this whale - designed by Shawn - Studio 313 - it's so cute and has lots of greetings to go with it.  I printed it off and cut it out with my trusty Spellbinders die and coloured with promarkers.  I decided to make the card base the sea - so I coloured it with my distress inks, added some seaweed, an old ship wheel, some fish and mounted the coloured whale image onto some blue fabric (free with a sewing magazine).  I added some faux stitching in green onto the fabric (sewing machine still not out of moth balls yet!).  I added the birthday greeting - using foam pads for a little dimension.



Stamps:  Jak Heath - Help for Katie set (digi-images from lots of designers); Waltzingmouse Stamps - Half Pint Heroes; See D's - Boys Toys; Stampin' Up! - the ship wheel - don't know the name of the set
Inks: Distress - Tumbled Glass, Shabby Shutters, Stormy Sky, Chipped Sapphire, Broken China;  Memento - Cottage Ivy, Pear Tart, Rich Cocoa, Pottered Clay, Antique Linen
Promarkers: Cool Grey 1, 2, 3; Blush, Meadow Green, Bright Green
Spellbinders:  Labels 9 die #5 and #6; Big Scalloped Ovals (S4-251) - die #2

That's all for now.  Lots to do today - which should keep me out of mischief!!  Do drop by again later this evening.

8 comments:

Jackie said...

Great fun child's card, love your background :o)
Jackie xx

Wishcraft said...

Fab card for a child - love the cute image and background you've made :o) Lisa x

Vicky Hayes said...

What a gorgeous card! I really like the way you've blended your inks and added the fish and all the other nautical details.

Paula (PEP) said...

I love the tesxture & movement in your sea, the coloured fish looks so realistic & the old wheel is a good piece of wreckage, again your background shading is impressive.
Paula (PEP)
http://pepcraftchallexp.blogspot.com/

Stella said...

Such a lovely and cute card for a child. You did a fabuluos job; the card is beautiful!

gina g said...

Fabulous card i love the image. Thanks so much for joining us at Crafts and Me for our challenge. luv gina xx

Francesca said...

A wonderful card for a child

Thanks for joining us at OSCC this week and good luck!

Hugs
Francesca

Chrissie said...

Deborah, I love this one... what a fab image!
Thanks for joining in the challenge at One Stop Crafts this week!
Chrissie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...