Saturday 15 January 2011

A different technique ...

... is what I used on my card for the challenge set by Brenda Dean at Clean & Simple Sunday Challenge.  Brenda's is a sketch challenge - and I like these as sometimes my brain just won't come up with ideas on its own!




My card is really quite simple.  I stamped my image in Versamark and then chalked it - the result if a soft and subtle rose.  I cut it out using my trusty Spellbinders dies, using the plain mega rectangles for the image and the scalloped mega rectangles for the mount.  The mount was actually white card, but I inked the edges with distress inks in a soft pink.  I added a lovely flower from my stash, to which I added a little ink.



Stamps: Elusive Images - Roses
Inks: Versamark; Memento - Rose Bud
Spellbinders: Mega Rectangles - Plain and scalloped
Accessories: Petaloo rose, peel off sticker and card from my stash

And that's it for tonight.  I've had great fun this evening playing in my craft room.  I think the girls have been enjoying their "sleep over" too!!  Jonathan has just removed various electronic games from their bedroom and told them to go to sleep!!  Yes, right!  Like that's going to happen soon.  Hopefully, though, they will get to sleep.

5 comments:

Paula (PEP) said...

I must do another of these - it is so effective with the chalks. Love the shading on the rose head - the little peel off echoing it is a nice touch too.
Hope you get some peace for sleeping yourself!
Paula (PEP)
http://pepcraftchallexp.blogspot.com/

Jackie said...

What a beautiful card :o)
Jackie xx

McCrafty's Cards said...

What a beautiful card, I love the soft effect you have achived.
There is something on my blog for you.
Kevin xx

Brenda Dean said...

Your card is beautiful. Love the soft effect. Glad you were finally able to get it linked.

Thank you for playing my Clean & Simple Sunday Challenge.

Jennifer Rzasa said...

Very pretty!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...