Wednesday 22 June 2016

TMR - Stash ....

.... Hello! This is one of my scheduled posts as I'm currently visiting family and friends in the UK. It's time for our new challenge at The Male Room - TMR#38. For the next two weeks we want you to use BUTTONS - many buttons - on your masculine themed projects. I'm sure that like me, many of you have far too many buttons in your stash - I only managed to use three on my card, but I'm sure I'll think of more ways to use the rest of my buttons!!

Oh Happy Day - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Stamps: Stampin' Up! - Starburst Sayings, Endless Birthday Wishes
Inks: SU - Tangerine Tango, Bermuda Bay; Versafine - Onyx Black
Dies: SU/Sizzix - Starburst Framelits #1 and #3
Accessories: White Lustre Card; SU Card - Bermuda Bay (from Tin of Cards); SU - Buttons; Copics; Baker's Twine; Glossy Accents; Wink of Stella - Clear


I wanted to make a bold, vibrant birthday card so picked orange and turquoise. The striped card is a special that comes from last year's Tin of Cards set - I think the subtle strip is perfect for a guy card. I stamped the images in orange and cut them out with the matching dies. You can't see it in the photo above, but the centre of the celebrate image was attached with gel glue for some dimension. I found some matching buttons in my stash, threaded them with bakers twine and adhered them to the card. I finished the front by adding glossy accents to the little dots in the words Happy and drawing a border around the card. On the inside is another mat of striped card and on the white panel a birthday greeting.


Do visit our blog to see more inspiration projects from the rest of the design team. Have fun with this challenge - be creative! Deadline for submission is midnight (BST) Tuesday 5th July, that's 7.00pm (EDT) for those in the States.

signature

4 comments:

Buffy said...

Lovely bright card Debs, very lively.

Hugs
Buffy xx

Jane said...

Such a bold combo of colours, really eye catching.

Andreja said...

Deborah, what a fantastic card with Buttons you made :-))
HUgs, Andreja

Louise van Vuren said...

I like your choice of colours for this card, bright and as you say vibrant. Great use of buttons. Hope you had a fab time here in the UK, weather wasn't that great though I guess.
Louise X

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...