Wednesday 4 March 2015

TMR - DT Call and sketch ....

... Good morning from a cold, grey and snowy Northville!  It's time for our new challenge at The Male Room but, before I get to that, we've had several people move on from the team, most recently Jacqueline has had to step down - I miss you ladies.  I'd like to say how much I've enjoyed working with them and to thank Jacqueline for picking me to join the team.  That does mean we're short DT members - so we're having a DT CALL.  If you're interested check out the blog for full details.

Our challenge for the next couple of weeks is to create a masculine project based on a sketch that Jacqueline drew for us - here's my card:

Nautical thanks - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Stamps: Waltzingmouse - Ocean Bound
Inks: Versafine - Onyx Black; Memento - Tuxedo Black; Stampin' Up! - Brocade Blue, Soft Sky
Dies: Spellbinders - Squares Lg (S4-126) #3, #4, and #5; PTI - Wet Paint Cuts I
Accessories: White Lustre Card; SU Card - Basic Black; SU DP - Typeset; Copic Markers; Clear Embossing Powder


I used the colours from Colour Q - cQc#282 and the theme of sailing from Cardz 4 Guys - C4G#60 along with our sketch to make this card.  I covered the card with newsprint design paper.  I die cut three squares and stamped the ship and anchor onto two with Versafine ink and embossed with clear powder.  I then inked over the images using two shades of blue.  On the centre square I stamped a life saver which I coloured with Copic markers.  I finished the front with a die cut sentiment - cut three times, adhered together to give a nice thick sentiment.  On the inside I cut a mat layer of newsprint and on the white panel added a ship's wheel. 

Nautical thanks inside - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Don't forget to visit the blog to see what the rest of the team have created to inspire you.  You have until Tuesday 17th March midnight GMT (8.00pm EDT) to play along.  Don't forget to check out the details of the DT CALL if you're interested.  Have fun!

signature

9 comments:

Jen Mitchell said...

Man-cards are always so hard for me, but I love this nautical inspired one. Love the subtle sponging behind the ship and anchor! Thanks for playing along with us at colourQ!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Such awesome images - perfect for the guys~

Sylvia said...

Another lovely card, Deborah! Glad you played with us for a second time this week at the colourQ.

Cazro said...

I love the newspaer background of your card. Thanks for sharing with us at Cardz 4 Guyz. Caz

Kim Heggins said...

Deborah...this is just so sweet, love the wonderful images you used. Thank yo so much for playing along with us at ColourQ, hope to see you again next week.

Helen said...

Great card - love the text background,

Thanks for joining us at Cardz 4 Guyz

Helen x

Kimbo said...

Great images and love the backing

Thanks for playing along at Cardz 4 Guyz this week x

Greta said...

Great choice of images--love the background, too!

Lily-by-Gilly said...

Fab stamps and a great nautical look Deborah. And the inside of your card is just as good as the outside. My hubs would love to receive a card just like this!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...