Wednesday 23 July 2014

TMR - Geometric ....

...  Good morning!!!  It looks like the Games theme was a popular one, we had lots of super submissions, and it's going to be hard to pick just three.  That brings me to our new challenge at The Male Room.  For the next couple of weeks we'd like to see you use a Geometric theme in your creations.  It could be a geometric shaped card, patterns - your choice, but it has to have a masculine feel.  Here's my card:

Hooray - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Stamps: Mama Elephant - Trifecta; Stampin' Up! - Geometrical
Inks: SU - Tempting Turquoise, Green Galore (D/C), Lucky Limeade; Distress - Shabby Shutters, Tumbled Glass; Versafine - Onyx Black
Accessories: White Lustre Card; SU Card - Tempting Turquoise, Garden Green, Lucky Limeade; SU Punch - Triangle


I've used the colours from this week's Just Us Girls - JUGS#250 - I love all shades of blue and green.  The layout is based on the sketch at FUSION - FUSION#14 - I think you can see it.  I started by stamping mini triangles in two shades of turquoise. one layer in green and two layers in shades of lime.  I added a border of turquoise card, stamped a bold, funky greeting in black and added some triangles for interest.  That was it done - then I got some finger prints on the card - so I added a few more triangles to hide for decoration!  On the inside I cut a mat layer in turquoise on a simple row of tiny triangles along the bottom of the white panel.  I'll be putting this card in the post today!!

Hooray inside - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

For more inspiration using the Geometric theme - check out the blog to see what the rest of the team have made.  Have fun!  See you soon.

signature

11 comments:

Vicki Dutcher said...

Love the triangles! Thanks also for playing over at JUGS!

Sue - said...

Love the colours you've used for this. Super card.

Sharyn Polesel said...

Such a fun card....love the triangles! Thanks for joining us at Just Us Girls!

Sue VanDeVusse said...

Love all of those fun triangles! Such a great design and use of the colors. Thanks for playing with us at JUGS!

Anita in France said...

Such a cool design, and such cool (and gorgeous!) colours, Deborah ... love that graphic look! Anita :)

Louise van Vuren said...

Such a lot of stamping, expertly done too, this is a brilliant card for a man. Well done on mastering the challenge, I just couldn't get my head around it this time!
Louise xx

Jacqueline said...

I wonder how many triangles there are on this card?! It's looks fab - Jacqueline xx

Julia Aston said...

Great colors on this fun geometric card Deborah!

Michelle said...

What a cool take on the Fusion sketch! Great card, Deb! :-)

Jeanne J. said...

Oh this is so fun Deborah! I love all the color you packed in here and how you broke up the pattern with bigger triangle, and even added some on top. I think this would have made me crazy, but you made it look easy. Amazing!

Sindhu said...

Great take on Fusion! Cool card!
Thanks for joining us

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...