Saturday 24 May 2014

52CCT - WMSFC - Blues ....

....  Hello all!  I managed to get a couple of hours in my craft room yesterday afternoon while Mum was out in the garden enjoying the sunshine! 

It's time for our stash challenge at 52 {Christmas} Card Throwdown and Ruth has a fun challenge based on the wedding rhyme "Something old, something new, something borrowed, something blue".  Ruth wants us to make a card using all four if possible, but two at a minimum.  I managed three - old, new and blue!  Here's my card:

Warmest Wishes - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Stamps: Dare 2B Artzy - Owl be home 4 Christmas
Inks: Distress - Salty Ocean, Chipped Sapphire; Versafine - Onyx Black; Memento - Tuxedo Black
Dies: Dare 2B Artzy - Owls
Accessories: White Lustre Card; Cuttlebug EF - Distressed Snow; Copics; Wink of Stella Clear

The old is my Cuttlebug folder, the new my Dare 2B Artzy stamps and die and of course it's blue!  I used the debossed side of the embossed panel and coloured it with two shades of blue so that the snowflake pattern was enhanced.  I stamped the sentiment directly onto the panel. I stamped the owl onto white card and coloured him with my copic markers, adding a touch of sparkle to the scarf and then die cut him with the matching die.  I adhered him directly to the card.  I've not done the inside yet, but will do that soon.  For more inspiration cards check out the blog to see what Judy, our guest designer, and the rest of the team have made.

I made another card for our Waltzingmouse Fanatics challenge (and I'm very, very late getting my card made).  At WMSFC we want you to add texture to your card.  I based my card on Ruth's challenge and the layout is based on the sketch from CAS - Colours & Sketches - CASC&S#75.  

Happy Holidays - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Stamps: WMS - Folk Art Christmas Additions
Inks: Stampin' Up! - Marina Mist, Soft Sky, Lost Lagoon; Versafine - Majestic Blue; Versamark; Distress - Chipped Sapphire
Dies: WMS - Folk Art Christmas
Accessories: White Lustre Card; Cuttlebug EF - Ice Crystals; Silver Thread; Silver EP

Once again I used the debossed side of the embossed panel and lightly rubbed on some dark blue ink.  I stamped four baubles in shades of blue/teal, die cut them and put silver thread through to hang them from.  I stamped the sentiment in Versamark, heat embossed with silver powder and cut out a banner.  I stamped the bauble again and embossed with silver powder and fussy cut the centre.  For extra texture, I adhered the embossed panel with dimensional tape.  Again, I've not done the inside, but will do it soon.


That's all for today.  It's Memorial Day weekend here in the States and we are taking Mum to visit the Henry Ford Museum and Greenfield Village to see the show - should be a super weekend.  Bye for now.

signature

14 comments:

Loll said...

Two beautiful winter cards, Deborah. Love that sweet owl and the debossed background - fabulous! Loll xx

Jackie said...

Two superb Christmas cards :o)
Jackie xx

Pauline said...

Two great cards Deborah! I love the E.F design on your first card and how you picked it out with blue ink. I haven't played with my WMS for ages, I need to get them out again!

Fabiola said...

très chouette... très jolies créations avec beaucoup de charme, biz

Marybeth said...

Great job on both of the debossed cards, love them. We will be all set for Christmas.

Charmaine Stack said...

Great cards, Deborah. I love what you did with the folk art bauble for that sketch. I just finally got those stamps this past week and cannot wait to have a play with them.

Louise van Vuren said...

The inked debossing looks amazing and I can never resist owls, they are one of my favourite birds. Fab and fun card. Sorry for the late comment I've been away visiting my
MIL in hospital

Louise xx

Danielle Vincent said...

Both cards are fabulous Deborah! LOVE that cute owl on the blue background and the clever way you used the middle of the ornament to anchor your sentiment on the second. Sounds like you and your mum have been having a really great time together. Hugs D

Buffy said...

Utterly adorable card Debs

Buf x

Vicky Hayes said...

These are both gorgeous Deborah! I keep forgetting about this inky embossing folder technique - it's so effective! Vicky x

Ruth M said...

Two quite different cards Deborah but both are fabulous! The owl is really fun and festive, you did a great job with my stash challenge! The ornaments card is so elegant - love the touch of silver with the frosty blue and white and the fancy font of the sentiment is beautiful!
Ruth x

Jacqueline said...

Two fab cards Deborah - love the Christmassy owl - Jacqueline xx

Jacqueline said...

A lovely card Deborah, really love how you have used our sketch this week at CC&S - thanks for joining in - Jacqueline xx

Patricia Hays said...

Two terrific cards here! I absolutely love the embossing folder you used on the owl card, and the way you've inked it is fabulous. The ornaments look super against the snowy background - and it was a great way to use the CC&S sketch! Thanks for joining us over there! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...