Tuesday 7 January 2014

ASM - Make Your Mark ...

.... Hello everyone, from an incredibly cold, but brilliantly sunny, Northville.  At the time of writing this post (Tuesday, 10.30am) the temperature outside is -24°C (-12°F) and at the moment there is very little wind so the chill factor hasn't really kicked in.  It did this morning; it felt more like -35°C when Jonathan left for work.  You can see some photos of the snow on my earlier post!

It's time for our first challenge of 2014 at Addicted to Stamps and More!  This week it's "Make your Mark" time - by that I mean you use pencils, paints, markers to colour!  Here's my take:

Flower Thanks - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Stamps: Serendipity - Sun Garden; Craft's Meow - Circle It
Inks: Memento - Tuxedo Black, London Fog; Versafine - Onyx Black
Accessories: White Lustre Card; Copics (lots); Sakura Stardust Pens; Stampin' Up! Markers - several; Ribbons

I've used a couple of challenges to make this card.  I got the sunshine inspiration from MUSE - MUSE#49, not literally sunshine, but the flowers from a sunny garden.  I'm also submitting this to the new, updated One-Layer Simplicity Challenge - OLS#1 which is now monthly.  Their theme is to restock the card stash and, obviously, be one layer.


I love this flower stamp, it just yells "colour me!" - so I did.  I had so much fun using Copics, Stardust and SU markers - you can't really see the Stardust sparkle in the photo above, but in real-life it's fab!  I grounded the flowers with a couple of lines of ribbon (go me - I've had this ribbon for years).  On the inside I simply repeated the flower image in a softer shade of grey and added a simple, bold sentiment of thanks.  This is for my stash of Thanks cards.

Flower Thanks inside - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

For more inspiration with Make Your Make, check out the inspiration cards from the rest of the design team.  And this week we are also joined by our Guest Designer, Gemma - do check out here card too.  Last, but by no means least, our sponsor this week is DeeDee Digis, the winner of the challenge will gets 3 sets of digis - and they are lovely!


That's all for now.  See you soon.

signature

20 comments:

Deepti said...

I can so relate to you with the low temperatures, it's the same out here :) but I guess low or high, nothing comes in the way of crafting :) I love ur card, with all the lovely colors and bright feel

Ardyth said...

Well done - you've definitely captured the warm feeling of Laurie's Muse! And I equally love the inside of the card - I'd be tempted to make one with that on the outside! Thanks for joining us! Stay warm!

Darnell said...

This is a perfect card for a marker challenge, Deborah, and it's really wonderful for people to think of spring in midst of those freezing temps! Stay warm!! Hugs, Darnell

Kylie said...

WOW! LOVE all this colour, Deborah. Just so fresh and spring like. LOVE it. Happy New Year, my friend xx

Danielle Vincent said...

Lovely bright card Deborah - go you is right!! I love how you repeated the image on the inside too - terrific idea.

I'm so glad that my very cold day of 7 degrees w/o wind chill wasn't as cold as what you are having in Michigan. Stay warm!

Pauline said...

Oh my word Deb that is so cold! -12?? Sounds like a good excuse to stay inside and craft hehe!
Love that stamp too, I have this and I don't think I've used it yet! Lovely colours on your flowers, a very pretty card.

sandie said...

Wow that is perfect colouring Deborah! So much detail and lovely mix of colours x

Nonni said...

Beautiful card, you are right, the stamp really shouts "color me", I hear it all the way to Finland! :) That must be awfully fun to color in. I love the happy look.

Stamps and Paper said...

Hope you are keeping warm Deborah some of the pictures we are seeing of the US weather is awful....but your card has bought done sunshine lovely spring colours...

Anne

Jackie said...

What a lovely, colourful card, so pretty. OMG all that snow, wonderful photographs :o)
Jackie xx

♥Gemma♥ said...

This is gorgeous hunni and love the bright and cheeriness of it...

Thanks for the little mention!!
hugs and xxx
Gemma

mycardattic said...

LOVE the bright, popping colours!

Sue said...

Beautiful card, Deborah. Your colourful flowers are so pretty and cheerful and you've captured the sunny feel of the Muse card perfectly. Great job! xx

Linda said...

Very pretty and bright. Wish I could color with copics like that.

MackieMade Paper Creations said...

I just love seeing these bright cheery flowers during this dreary winter weather! Your card is so pretty!!! Beautiful coloring!

Deepti Stephens said...

It's so bright and cheerful... :)

stressfreestamping said...

I love all of your brightly colored flowers, Deborah! It is just so happy and makes me even more ready for spring after being stuck in this snowstorm for a week now! Gorgeous coloring too!

Anonymous said...

Hi Deborah. Lovely spray of flowers, beautifully coloured. Thanks for your card, it arrived a couple of days ago. Have a lovely day. hugs Monika xxx

Susan Raihala said...

Deborah, both cards are FABULOUS! I love both the colorful one (great coloring...you are so patient!) and the gray and black one is so much fun!!!! I love how it lets the fun artistry of the stamp speak for itself. So glad you followed the One-Layer Simplicity challenge to our new blog!

Cindy Brumbaugh said...

Lovely, sunny card, Deborah. Nice coloring on your posies and great way to finish the inside of the card.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...