Tuesday 30 July 2013

PJs at Waltzingmouse ....

....  Good evening everyone - Claire's having a Pajama Party over at Waltzingmouse Stamps.  At the beginning of July Claire launched some wonderful new stamps and this is the perfect opportunity to play with them.  Claire has given a list of challenges here.  Here's my card:



Stamps: WMS - You're a Doll, Folk Art Medallions, Crackle Background
Inks: Stampin' Up! - Early Espresso, Crumb Cake, Coral Calypso
Dies: Spellbinders - Ovals Sm (S4-112) #5, Scalloped Ovals Sm (S4-113) #5
Accessories:  SU Card - Crumb Cake, Calypso Coral; White Lustre Card; SU Glitter; Promarkers - Pear Green, Mango, Soft Peach; Copics - E00, E01, G42, R20

I've been itching to play with all the new sets - they are just fab!  And I particularly like the sweet little Russian Dolls - so I decided to make a thank you card with them.  This card is for one of my friends in the UK who was kind enough to have Kathryn over for a sleepover when we visited.  I decorated the inside too - keeping it simple.


 I used a few challenges in the making of this card:




I had to adapt the colours a bit as I don't have the shades listed on the cQc graphic, but I think the colours are close.  I love the simple sketch at this week's Fusion challenge (so pleased to finally get to play along).  I turned the sketch on its side as it worked better for my card. I added just a touch of glitter to the doll - which is the challenge at Addicted to CAS this time.

I'm going to get a coffee and get into my PJs and check out all the cards.  See you soon.

15 comments:

Unknown said...

Lovely card Deborah, the colours are fab and can I say I LOVE her green eyes!!!! Love the subtle glow in her cheeks too - you have blended that perfectly!! thank you so much for playing along!!

Julia Aston said...

WOnderful colors on your doll card Deborah - so nicely paired with the crackle background!

Renee said...

Adorably fabulous!!
Aren't these dolls just incredible...
so realistic!
And you showcased them...
and the crackle...
beautifully! :)
So happy you played along with us at our first Pajama Party...
hope to see you for Bedtime Story too! :)

Lyndal said...

BEAUTIFUL colouring Deborah :) So glad you joined in the fun @ FUSION, hope to see you again soon!

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, this is beautiful!

Claire said...

I missed this one first time round! Another stunner...fab clean design and the colours are gorgeous

-Aneta- said...

Amazing colouring and fab card Deborah :)

Yapha said...

Such a fun card! Great coloring on the doll, and I love that crackle background. Great use of the colors. Thanks for joining us at ColourQ!

Kate said...

Lovely card Deb. You're always a great source of inspiration. Could never hope to colour as well as you though.

Jeanne J. said...

I love your colors Deborah - those green eyes just have me stopped in my tracks! SO cool that you did the inside of the card too - something I never do - but wow look what I'm missing out on! Its the perfect finishing touch! That doll on the inside !! :)

Sylvia said...

Cute card, Deb, love the background! Thanks for joining in the fun at the colourQ.

Kary said...

This card is so sweet, Deborah! Love how amazing the crackle background looks with the doll.

Cathy Weber said...

Love your crackle background on this card Deborah...great idea and one I would never have thought of myself. That is why I love these challenges...gives me so many great ideas!

Kelly Griglione said...

Oh yes, LOVE that Russian nesting doll, and how you colored it! Great idea to turn the sketch on its side. AND, the little doll on the back of the card is so coordinated and cute! Thanks so much for joining the FUSION challenge!

~amy~ said...

How sweet...love that doll! Thanks for joining us at Fusion!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...