Saturday 22 January 2011

What a star ...

... I think that's the title for this card.  I've combined two challenges - last week's Clean & Simple FTL123 sketch and this week's Colour Q challenge.




I've been very faithful the sketch, and I've matched the colours as closely as I can.  I don't have much card from Stampin' Up!, so I do try.  I found these colours rather difficult at first, in fact I wouldn't have put them together at all.  But once the card was finished, it was obvious that this colour combination works.  It's a strong palette and I think the way I've used it, quite masculine! 





Stamps:  See D's - You're the Star
Inks: Memento - Cottage Ivy; Distress - Scattered Straw
Accessories:  Martha Stewart punch; Stampendous - Detail Gold embossing powder
Card, paper and ribbon: - from my stash

I can't remember which company made the stamp I used.  It's part of a set of clear stamps which features a very large capital X, and images and words starting with X.  I have most of the alphabet, but I didn't keep the company details.  If anyone recognises it - please let me know.

That's all for now.  I'm off back to play a bit more.  I'll be posting again later this evening.


4 comments:

Pauline said...

This is lovely, the colours are fab, and the sentiment looks great!

Sylvia said...

What a super cute card, Deborah! Thanks so much for playing again with us on the ColourQ

Vicky Hayes said...

I agree it's a good masculine colour combination. The yellow ribbon across those two reds on your card reminds me of high-class pyjamas!

Paula (PEP) said...

Very effective, especially that striped star. Love the clean look to this.
Paula (PEP)http://pepcraftchallexp.blogspot.com/

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...