Thursday 20 January 2011

Combining challenges ...

.... can be lots of fun, and save a bit of time too :)  Since discovering challenges on the web, I do try to play a few (not as many as some mind!).  However, I do find that sometimes it's difficult to get time to play in my craft room.  Today is one of those days; I've only got an hour spare as I've got to prepare for our Scouts meeting tomorrow night.

So the challenges that I've combined are the sketch layout from this week's Mojo Monday, the colours from Just Us Girls (so pretty) and the spots 'n' dots theme from My Time to Craft



The colours selected at Just Us Girls are really soft and pretty, but they've caused me some difficulties this week.  I couldn't think of what to do.  Then I remembered a lovely stamp that I have, but has only seen ink once!!  Shame on me.  I used London Fog to ink the image - much softer than black - and then coloured it with Promarkers.  I've taken a bit of a liberty with the sketch, opting for a rectangular image rather than circular!  The spotty backing paper is by Craftwork Card and I added some more dots with a piece of card which was embossed with Swiss Dots, and emphasised by distressing.  I added a bright aqua ribbon.  Finally, the two accent circles on the sketch - on my card are the little jewelled flower and birthday greeting. 



Stamps:  Creative Expression - Dancing on Air
Promarkers: Duck Egg, Cool Aqua, Meadow Green, Apple, Oatmeal, Saffron
Inks:  Memento - London Fog;  Distress - Tumbled Glass
Cuttlebug:  Swiss Dots folder
Paper:  Craftwork Cards (free with magazine)
Accessories:  Card, ribbon and flower from stash

Now I'm going to catch up with some blogs that I follow, and reply to a few comments.  I hope to get back later, but if not - see you tomorrow.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

This is so soft and lovely, Deb! Thanks for joining us at Mojo Monday!

Pauline said...

Lovely card, great colouring ofd the image, and love all the dots and the gorgeous turquoise ribbon!

Mona Pendleton said...

Pretty card Deb! Such a fresh, fun and spring like feel!

Paula (PEP) said...

These stamps don't immediately spring to mind - don't think mine has seen ink at all - I have a whole drawer of medallion & box stamps of this type which co-ordinate with one another. They're good to use as backgrounds too. Love the London Fog stamping - useful tip about using it instead of black. Brilliance Graphite Black is another one that's not so black.
Paula (PEP)
http://pepcraftchallexp.blogspot.com/

Vicky Hayes said...

I agree about black - I rarely use it if I'm colouring. Brown is also good! That's a very pretty floral in your card and goes beautifully with the polka dot DP.

Andrea M said...

This is a lovely stamp Deb! Such a pretty card!!! Great use of the challenge colors! Thanks so much for playing along with Just Us Girls!! We hope you'll join us again next week!

Kristin Eberline said...

This is lovely! I adore how you used our colors on your sweet blooms ♥

Thanks for playing along with Just Us Girls this week!

made by fifi said...

fab card - thanks for joining in the MTTC challenge this week x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...