Saturday 22 January 2011

Old and new ....

.... and shades of orange and green.  That sums up this card; it's been made for three challenges.   The first is for Sketch 'n' Stash SSC53 - I used their sketch for the card design, then on Crafty Cardmakers their challenge is to use only pencils for colouring - no inks, paints, etc and finally the colours are from this week's challenge at The Play Date Cafe - PDCC65.  I am getting better at mixing and matching challenges!! 




This is a large 7" x 7" card and I've made the backing with silver-grey fibre paper, it has a metallic shimmer through it.  The orange paper comes from Papermania (new stash) and I've punched the border with a Martha Stewart deep-edge border punch.  The central tulip comes from a stamp set that I got from QVC.  I've coloured it using Prismacolour pencils - and this is my "old" stash.  I've had these pencils for ages, but I'm not very good at colouring with them, so they tend to stay in their tin box!!  And the Crafty Cardmakers challenge was perfect - it made me dig them out and have a go!  I've actually used two shades of orange (although it's hard to tell) and blended them with sansodor.  I edged the tulip with a very light grey pencil and pulled that out to create a halo effect.  My trusty Spellbinders dies were used to cut the plain and scalloped circles.  I made the pale green flowers from a sheet of vellum which has a subtle silver flourish on it; I coloured the back of the vellum with a few shades of green prismacolour pencil and blended.  When dry I used Woodware flower punches in three sizes and made up some flowers, with gems at the centre!



Stamps: Large tulip from QVC
Spellbinders:  Large Circles (S4-114) die #7, Classic Scalloped Lg Circles (S4-124) die #6
Papermania: Capsule Collection - Sunshine
Accessories:  Martha Stewart - deep edge punch; Woodware punches; Ribbon, gems and vellum from stash

I've had such fun today catching up on challenges.  And we still found time to go out this morning - got some books and craft magazines.  Jonathan has been working on some photos he took in Chester in December and Kathryn decided that the card making session could wait until tomorrow!  She's been playing on PC games instead!! The joys of technology!

That's all for this evening.  Don't forget to check in tomorrow for the new CR84FN challenge - more lovely colours and cards to see from the team.

19 comments:

Julie Ranae said...

So many lovely elements on this card. You really used the colors beautifully...great to have you back with us in The Cafe : )

Ivanka said...

Lovely! Your tulip is gorgeous!

Fiona said...

Hi Deborah - thanks for playing along with us at the Play Date Cafe with this lovely card :) Great job on the colouring!

Vicky Hayes said...

What a superb colour combination and your card is beautiful.

Jaclyn Miller said...

oh wow, check out that detailed tulip stamp - so fantastic. I love the flower outlined in that shiny silver. So glad to have you playing along in the Play Date Cafe.

Tracey said...

Hey Deborah!!!BEAUTIFUL use of this weeks colours!!! Such a pretty card! Thanks for playing along with us at the Play Date Cafe :)

Paula (PEP) said...

Brilliant use of the colours. Loe the way you've coloured the vellum & how the green of that helps to highlight the ribbon, & vice versa. The orange tulip is stunning & I do like that shading & your haloing. Look forward to seeing yours & Kathryn's blogs work later today (!)
Paula (PEP)
http://pepcraftchallexp.blogspot.com/

Paula (PEP) said...

PS - I like the blog re-organization.
Paula (PEP)

Susan Hogan said...

Another great card - and lovely use of colour. I do like tulips.

Laura (scrapnextras) said...

Beautiful image and wonderful colours! Great card!

Jackie said...

Oh what a beautiful card :o)
Jackie xx

Michelle said...

beautiful card, Deborah! wonderful framed tulip!

Stella said...

Its lovely to see a sort of floral aspect in e very piece of this card. ( Except the background but I love glitter too:) ) Gorgeous for all these challenges and I'm impressed by the way you've colored that tulip. Stunning!

Sue said...

a really lovely card and such a pretty border:)

thank you for joining us at sketch n stash

sue
xx

Jill said...

beautiful card Deborah I love the image and your colouring is wonderful (so detailed) thanks for joining us at Sketch n Stash hugs Jill xx

Jackie said...

WOW love that tulip stamp, and beautifully coloured.. Fabby card. Thank you for joining us at Sketch n Stash this week x

Ruby said...

A really pretty card and great use of our colours too! Thanks for playing along with us at the Play Date Cafe this week!

Colleen Dietrich said...

Deb, that looks like an Anna Griffin tulip to me! I think I have that one. Love it! And I'm so glad you are feeling more confident about combining challenges. It can be kinda hard, can't it? But you've done beautifully here! Thanks for joining us again this week at PDCC!

Andrea Ewen said...

Love it! Gorgeously elegant with that silver foil panel and that fabulous floral border! Thanks for joining us over at the Play Date Cafe!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...