Monday 10 January 2011

For a child ...

... that's the theme for this week's challenge at One Stop Craft Challenge.  Now I've got a few stamps that I could have used for this card, but this morning on Jak Heath's blog I read about Katie - a fellow crafter - who's had the most awful news about her health (see earlier post).  Jak and many other talented designers, including Claire from Waltzingmouse Stamps, got together and have donated various digital images to raise funds for Katie and her family.  I got the set this morning - and it's great - so many lovely images.  Do have a look at Jak's blog and see if you can help Katie.

Now I mentioned Claire specifically because she has created the sweetest images in the "Help for Katie" set - there are others, check in again tomorrow, equally lovely.  But for tonight's card - I've used the Little Prince in a castle window - the greeting is separate, but I've printed them together.  I've coloured the image with promarkers and shaded with distress inks, adding a gold border with a felt pen.  I was going to leave the card very plain, but then I rememberd that I had a castle stamp in my collection - and I intend to use my old stamps more often - so I had a rummage and found it.  I stamped it in London Fog and painted with distress inks.  I shaded the card with distress inks to give some depth.  Finally, I added a birthday greeting on the card.



Stamps:  Waltzingmouse Stamps - Little Heros;  Jak Heath - Help for Katie Set; Castle stamp (can't remember who makes this one)
Inks: Distress - Antique Linen, Tumbled Glass, Peeled Paint, Barn Door, Black Soot, Pumice Stone, Walnut Stain; Memento - London Fog, Tuxedo Black
Promarkers:  Warm Grey 1, 3, 5; Blush, Satin, Gold
Spellbinders:  Small Labels die #4

I have made another card for this challenge - but I'm not going to post that one until tomorrow - do drop by to check it out!

That's all for today - I'm off to have a well earned cup of coffee.  See you again tomorrow.

5 comments:

Donna Mosley said...

Hi Deborah, love this fab card, those stamps are great. Love your distressed background.

Donna x

Jackie said...

Very cute card, the castle goes very well with the main image :o)
Jackie xx

Vicky Hayes said...

I love that castle behind the focal image and your graduated inked background.

Paula (PEP) said...

That castle background is a super idea & I love those bright red flags against the soft background - nice piece of shading that.
Paula (PEP)
http://pepcraftchallexp.blogspot.com/

Shelley said...

What a lovely card, love what you have done with the background. Thanks for joining in this weeks OSCC. Hugs Shelley xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...