Pages

▼

Thursday, 30 April 2026

Hubby's Birthday Card

.... Morning! Today is Jonathan's 62nd birthday, and this is the card I made for him:


Stamps: PaperArtsy - Kate Crane KC012; Uniko - Simply Said, Birthday Wishes
Inks: Versafine Clair - Nocturne; Versafine - Black Onyx; Gina K - Soft Stone
Dies: Waffle Flower - Nesting Postage Layers #3
Accessories: White & Black Card; Copic Markers; LF - Clear Embossing Powder

I got a new stamp set last weekend featuring some fab toadstools. I used it for this card. I stamped a number of the toadstools directly onto an A2 white note card in soft grey ink. I die cut the postage stamp backing and white topper. I used my MISTI to stamp the main image onto white card. I removed it from the MISTI, used Copics to add colour, restamped with Versafine ink and embossed the image with clear powder. Then I fussy cut it out. I added the 'postage stamp' to the card at an angle, adhered the toadstool and finished with sentiments in black ink. I added a couple of words ' to my' in black fine liner. Jonathan does enjoy a pun!!! On the inside, I cut a piece of white card slightly smaller than A2 size, edged it with a blue marker, added a birthday greeting and another toadstool.


I'm submitting this card to:

Cardz 4 Guyz - C4G#385 where they want a clean and simple card (mostly)
Seize the Birthday - STB#325 - I've done an anything goes as long as it's birthday


That's all from me today. I'll be back soon. 

signature photo Signature.png

4 comments:

  1. I am loving those Kate Crane mushrooms...fantastic!! Your card nailed both elements of our challenge...masculine and CAS!! Thanks for joining the fun and playing along with us over at Cardz 4 Guyz!!
    Deb Horst, DT #C4G385

    ReplyDelete
  2. This card made me smile this morning and I am sure he did too! Thanks for that and thanks for linking up at Seize the Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute card, love the mushroom stamp x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Who doesn't love a great toadstool card, especially with a punny sentiment. You've created a gorgeous CAS birthday card. Thanks for joining us at Cardz 4 Guyz. I hope to see you in the gallery for our next challenge as well. Sue - DT

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting, you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit my blog and check out my creations. I'd love to hear from you. Deborah x