Pages

▼

Tuesday, 21 April 2026

Birthday Cupcakes

.... Hello! Three days in a row, my I'm on a roll. Today's card is for my sister-in-law, her birthday is next week and I'm safe to share it here as she doesn't look at my blog. Here's her card:


Stamps: Waffle Flower - Postage Collage, PC - Birthday, PC - Fall
Inks: Memento - Anel Pink, Summer Sky; Gina K - Passionate Pink, Blue Sky, Barely There Amalgam; Versafine Clair - Nocturne
Dies: Waffle Flower - Postage Cupcake
Stencils: Waffle Flower - Postage Cupcake, Random Rhombus
Accessories: White Card

I used a stencil to make the background - blending pale pink and pale blue inks, where they cross I have a soft lilac. Next I die cut three postage circle stamps and used the co-ordinating stencil to create little cupcakes in each stamp. I added some ribbon to the card base, adhered the two blue cupcake stamps directly to the card. I added some postage marks to the pink cupcake, stacked it on two white die cuts for dimension, and added it to the card. I finished with a simple birthday sentiment in black. For the inside I cut a piece of white card slightly smaller than A2, stamped a greeting and added a little birthday postmark.


I'm playing along with the following challenges:

CAS Colours & Sketches - CASC&S#583 - I turned the sketch to make a landscape card
{PIN}spirational Challenges - PIN#336 - to use pale pink and pale blue
Never-Before-Used-Schtuff - NBUS#85 - I've had the rhombus stencil and cupcake die 'n' stencil for a while, but this is the first time I've used them!


That's it for today - see you again soon.

signature photo Signature.png

3 comments:

  1. This is sweet in every way, Deborah, and your SIL will love it! I love the fun circle borders and how you added the postage marks! Thank you for inspiring everyone to use their NBUS! (Please link up when you get a chance.) I hope your mojo juices keep on rollin'! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable and so sweet! I love how you made the 2 outside cupcakes lighter so the center would stand out more. The confetti in the background is perfect for this celebratory card. Thanks for sharing at CAS Colours & Sketches and HB to your SIL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a sweet cupcake card. The cupcakes are adoarable, my favorite part of tour card is the stenciled backgound. Thanks for sharing your card with us at CAS Colours and Sketches.

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting, you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit my blog and check out my creations. I'd love to hear from you. Deborah x