Pages

▼

Sunday, 19 April 2026

Spring Garden Birthday

..... Oh boy! So much for my plan to make a card every day. I've not even managed one a week. However, today I've made two. The card I'm sharing today is for a friend in the village - she's a keen gardener and crafter, so I think she'll love this one:


Stamps: Gina K - Birthday Garden, Modern Greetings
Inks: Gina K - Passionate Pink, Sweet Mango; Versafine Clair - Nocturne
Dies: Gina K - Birthday Garden, Modern Greetings; Waffle Flower - Sparkles Panel Die
Accessories: White Card; SU Card - Kraft, Granny Apple Green; Copic Markers

I had an A2 (US size) kraft card on my desk and decided to start with that. I used the WF Sparkles panel die to cut the background pattern, and on the inside I added green card to show through. Using my MISTI I stamped all the images from Birthday Garden on white card. I removed them from the MISTI, coloured with Copic markers, replaced into the MISTI and stamped again with VFC Nocturne ink -this gives a really strong black image. I used the matching dies to cut out all the images. Next, using a technique that I learnt from Gina K, I stamped an ombre birthday greeting. I adhered all the images to the front of the card. On the inside, I cut a piece of white card slightly smaller than the A2 card, stamped a simple greeting, edged the panel with a green marker, adhered it to the card and finished by adding the wheelbarrow image.


I'm submitting this card to the following challenges:

Seize the Birthday - STB#324 - where the option is to make a Spring Garden
Addicted to Stamps and More! - ATSM#515 - to use die cuts and/or stencils - die cuts used
A Cut Above - ACA#0426 - where it's always anything goes with a die cut the option is pastel colours

 
 

I have enjoyed making cards today. However, even though I've not made many cards, I have been crafting. I've been doing several of Dyan Reaveley's doodle classes - they are brilliant. Anyway, that's all from me today. Drop by tomorrow to see my other card.

signature photo Signature.png

3 comments:

  1. Lovely card! The background is so pretty and love the Spring feel of this design. Thanks for sharing with the April Challenge at A Cut Above.

    ReplyDelete

  2. Deborah, this is so adorable with the watering can and boots as a vase for your flowers. Love the background die. Thanks for joining us at Seize the Birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun card for a gardener, Deborah. She will love it. Thanks for sharing with the Die Cuts and/or Stencil challenge on the Addicted to Stamps & More Blog. Cathy ATS&M DT

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting, you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit my blog and check out my creations. I'd love to hear from you. Deborah x