Wednesday 17 January 2018

TMR - Theme ....

.... Hi! This month is flying by, it's already time for our next challenge over at The Male Room. We have a fun theme that really works well for masculine projects - we want to see VINTAGE - TMR#77. You can make any type of papercraft project; I've made two quite different cards. Here's the first card:

Happy Birthday - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Stamps: Stampers Anonymous Tim Holtz - Crazy Talk
Inks: Gina K - Dark Chocolate
Dies: Die-namics - A2 Stitched Rectangles Set2 - #1, #8 and #9
Accessories: Cream Lustre Card; Kaisercraft DP - Garage Days; Stampin' Up! Punches - ¾" and 1" circles


This card was super easy to make. I'm sure that I'm not the only person to have a huge stash of design papers and as I was going through that stash, I found this page - it has a really vintage vibe and it makes a fabulous card. I used cream lustre card for the base card. I die cut a panel of the paper and adhered it flat to the card. I think that you can see that each of the little images has been laminated. I lightly sponged ink to the edges of the card. I used punches to create the 'vintage goods' element. I finished the front by stamping a birthday greeting, cutting it out with a die, inked the edges and adhered it with dimensional pads. On the inside, I die cut another sheet of the pad, inked the edges and attached it to the card. On the cream panel I stamped a fun sentiment, I think this card is for my father-in-law and I'm sure he'll appreciate the joke!!! I completed it by adding one of the little laminated images.

Happy Birthday inside - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's GemsHappy Birthday inside - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

I'm submitting this card to Love to Craft Challenge Blog - LTCCB#18 where the theme is Anything Goes. And here's the other card - quite different:

Sending Wishes - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Stamps: Stampin' Up! - Feeling Sentimental, Gorgeous Grunge, Butterfly Basics
Inks: SU - Dapper Denim, Tranquil Tide, Lemon Lime Twist; Gina K - Black Onyx
Accessories: White Lustre Card


This is a clean, simple, vintage card. I know that might seem a contradiction in terms, but I think it still counts as vintage as the focal image is a penny farthing bicycle and I've gone for a more vintage style font on the sentiment. I stamped the lines first and then the bicycle. I created a mask for the bike and then added the spatter pattern. I finished with a simple greeting on the front. On the inside I simply stamped 'happy birthday', added some more spatter and the bike moving off the page.  I used the colours from The Paper Players - PP#376 - I really like the colours.

Sending Wishes inside - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's GemsSending Wishes sq - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems


Now, don't forget to visit The Male Room blog to see more inspiration from the rest of the Design Team and from our guest designer, Magda. You have plenty of time to join in the fun - deadline for submission is midnight (GMT) Tuesday 30th January - that's 7.00pm EDT in the States.

I must apologise to all those who played along with our first challenge of the year, as I've not yet been able to comment. I've been down with the dreaded cold and am only now really feeling myself. I'll be getting around soon. That's all for now. See you soon.

signature

7 comments:

Martina said...

Both cards are great.

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Love all the old signs, they would invoke some memories I'm sure :) Both cards are just GREAT.
Faith
x

Claire Broadwater said...

Deborah, I have always loved this stamp set. I will never get rid of it. Love the splatters and the road you created for your bicycle! SO happy you joined us at The Paper Players this week! XX

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

That bicycle stamp is an 'oldie but goodie' Deborah for sure! What a great combination of stamps. Thanks for joining us over at The Paper Players this week!

Andreja said...

What a fantastic vintage card you made :-)) I like the stamp set.
Hugs, Andreja

Cathy F said...

Those old signs are fantastic, Deborah. Both cards have a great vintage vibe!

Pia S said...

Super DP to make a masculine design with a vintage vibe.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...