Tuesday 12 December 2017

Christmas Ornaments ...

.... We had quite a bit of snow last night, in fact, Kat was hoping for a snow day. But no! I took her to school this morning at 6.30am and the roads were mostly okay, but I did have a bit of slip near the school. Fortunately, I don't have to go out again for a while and the roads should be better later!! So I've spent the morning making more Christmas cards:

Season's Greetings - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Stamps: Altenew - Bells and Bows, Beautiful Inside; Uniko - Simply Said II
Inks: Gina K - Powder Blue, Blue Raspberry, Blue Denim, In the Navy; Delicata - Silvery Shimmer; Versamark
Dies: Pink & Main - Small Bow
Accessories: White Lustre Card; Gina K Card - Blue Raspberry; SU Punch - Ornament (discontinued); Nuvo Aqua Shimmer Clear; Washi Tape; Kaleidoscope Embossing Powder


I stamped these cute bows over the Thanksgiving weekend, punched them out and then left them on my desk! When I saw today's challenge at CAS Colours & Sketches - CASC&S#253 to use a previous 2017 sketch, I knew they'd found a home! I used sketch #210 as I hadn't managed to play that week.

I pressed the ornaments into Versamark ink and heat embossed them with iridescent powder - I just love all that sparkle. I die cut some tiny bows and adhered them to each ornament. I cut a strip of blue card, attached that to the base and then added a strip of silver washi tape. I attached the ornaments flat to the card as I want to be able to mail it. I finished the front with a simple greeting. On the inside, I cut a mat layer of blue card and added a greeting to the white panel.

Season's Greetings inside - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's GemsSeason's Greetings sq - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

I'm also submitting this card to AAA Cards - AAA#105 where they want to see sparkle - and you can certainly see the sparkle in the photos!! That's all for now - see you again soon.

signature

6 comments:

Jane said...

So pretty! Loving all the blue sparkle. Thanks for playing at AAA Cards.

Marjorie DUMONTIER said...

That’s such a gorgeous card ! margessw@icloud.com

Fiona Whitten said...

Love all the sparkle. Thanks for joining us for this week's CC&S challenge. Happy Holidays.

Emily said...

Love all the festive sparkle on your card and it fits in beautifully with the sketch. Thanks for sharing with us at CC&S!

karen h said...

Wonderful card! I love the little bows and ornament shapes! Thanks for playing along with us at CC&S!

ÅsaJ said...

Such a beautiful sparkling card! Looks good in blue! Thanks for joining AAA Cards! Hugs Åsa

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...