Friday 24 November 2017

Peace and Joy ...

.... Morning! It's Black Friday here in the States, and I see is making its way to the UK too. I've had a look at some of the many crafty sales and so far I've been good!! But I may sneak back in a while and place an order, or two!! I started today off with a long walk around our sub-division - it's a gorgeous morning with blue skies, bright sunshine and no wind, which means it's merely cold and not freezing!! In my earlier post I said that I got to spend quite some time in my craft room yesterday afternoon and I made another Christmas card for my stash:

Peace and Joy - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Stamps: Altenew - Bells & Bows, Beautiful Inside; Lawn Fawn - Snowy Backdrops
Inks: Gina K - Black Onyx; Delicata - Silvery Shimmer; Memento - London Fog, Grey Flannel
Dies: Die-namics - Squares Set 1 #2
Accessories: White Lustre Card; SU Card - Basic Black; Vellum; Gems


 I combined a few challenges on this card:
I've had this Altenew Bells & Bow set for a while and this is the first time I've used it. To create this lovely bow it takes four stamps and it really helps to have a MISTI (or something similar). However, it is very easy to line up the stamps. I used a shimmery ink for the base layer and I think the bows look almost metallic! After stamping, I carefully cut them all out and layered them on small black squares. I stamped a simple snowy panel behind the squares and finished the front with a greeting layered on vellum and some square gems. On the inside, I cut a mat layer of black card and on the white panel added more snow and a simple Christmas greeting.

Peace and Joy inside - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's GemsPeace and Joy sq - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Not only was yesterday Thanksgiving, it was also the 54th anniversary of one our favourite family programmes - Dr Who. We had a viewing fest and for some reason, we picked the sad ones - the one where Rose 'dies', the one where Donna (my favourite) 'dies', and the one where Amy and Rory 'die'. There were many tears and lots of enjoyment! If you're a Dr Who fan, you'll enjoy the clip below which shows how the opening sequence of title and music has changed since 1963:



That's all for now - see you again soon. Have a great weekend.

signature

3 comments:

Teresa Kline said...

this is an adorable card, luv those pretty grey bows! I am so glad you played along with us at
sunday stamps!


blog-paperie blooms
ig-2klines

sparkle & shine, kindness *~*

sandie said...

These blows look fab in the Neutral colours, great to see you at Ink

Shauna said...

What a lovely card! The design is classic and those bows are so cute! Thanks for sharing with us at Inkspirational!
- Shauna

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...