Sunday 17 September 2017

Sweet Sixteen .....

.... Good Morning! It's Kat's 16th birthday today. By some strange miracle Kat was up early this morning :) We wished her a Happy Birthday, she spoke to her Nanny in Leicester and she's opened her card. She loved it!!! Yea. To celebrate we're having a birthday brunch at Fox Hill Golf Club - they do a wonderful spread. Kat started her birthday weekend with dinner on Friday night with her best friend Alyx at The Cheesecake Factory in Novi (we dined there too, but at a different table). The girls spent yesterday together at The Heritage Festival in Northville and then at home - I think they spent the day chatting, laughing, listening to music and just enjoying being together. Last night I finally made Kat's card:

Happy Birthday - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Stamps: Visible Image - Sing, Tomorrow Doesn't Exist, Rays of Light; Uniko - Simply Said Birthday; Winnie & Walter - Moonlight; Your Next Stamp - Whatnot Sentiments One; Stampin' Up! - 25 Days
Inks: Versafine - Onyx Black; Gina K - Cherry Red, Black Onyx; Distress - Black Soot
Accessories: White Lustre Card; SU Card - Basic Black; Clear Embossing Powder; Wink of Stella - Clear; Lindy's Starburst Spray - Rudolf's Nose Red; Dylusions Stencil - Cobweb Lg


I got the idea for this card from Kat, she sings all the time, she loves all things Goth and Halloween, and she's very fond of black and red. I spritzed Lindy's red spray over the cobweb stencil. Once dry, and after cleaning the stencil, I lightly sponged over the edges of the stencil with black distress ink. I rubbed over the surface with an antistatic bag and then stamped the number and singer in black and heat embossed with clear powder. I positioned the musical notes to come from the microphone, stamped and embossed that image. Then I stamped the star burst and word 'birthday' in cherry red ink. I finished the front by stamping the word 'happy' and adding just a touch of sparkle to the dress with a clear wink of stella brush. I used a sponge to define the edges of the card. On the inside I cut a mat layer of black card. On the white panel I stamped some cobwebs, some pumpkins, added a greeting and finished with some stars.

Happy Birthday inside - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's GemsHappy Birthday sq- photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

I'm submitting this card to Inkspirational - INK#143, where they have a photo for inspiration. My take on the photo is to use a silhouette image of a singer (another of the arts), the musical notes floating in the air, and to create an overall background that suits my daughter. I'm also playing along with Love to Craft Challenge Blog - LTCCB#14 where it's Anything Goes!

Before I go, I have to share few photos of my gorgeous girl:


Our Goth Girl - it's actually a handbag she's holding! Taken by Alyx.


Kat - photo taken by Alyx, her best friend.


And this one is Kat, Pluto and Alyx - taken in April when we went to Disney. They're still little girls at heart!!!

That's all for now. Have a great day.

signature

5 comments:

Jane said...

Stunning card, no wonder she loved it!

Shauna said...

What a fun card! I am glad to hear it was well received. Sounds like it was a perfect theme with the cool silhouette and music notes. Thanks for sharing with us at Inkspirational!
- Shauna

Yvonne Garner said...

Love, love, love this! Great designwork. Thanks for sharing with us at Inkspirational!

cm said...

WOW! How wonderful that your work-of-art is personalized for your beautiful Kat. From the colours, to the image, to the stenciling, splatter and sentiment...this is pure delight and certainly infused with love! So thrilled you shared this in the Inkspirational gallery!
Hugs~carol

Irena Stefanova said...

Beautiful card!
Thank you for joining us at "Love To Craft Challenge Blog". Best of luck with your entry and please do join us again very soon.

Irena DT member for LTCCB

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...