Friday 21 July 2017

Uniko -Flowers ....

.... Good morning! I hope you're all well. It's time for our July/August challenge at Uniko. We have a fun theme for you this time. We want to see FLOWERS on your cards. I had so much fun with this challenge that I ended up making two cards. Here's the first:

Celebrate - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Stamps: Uniko - Pure Florals Poinsettia
Inks: Versamark; Versafine - Onyx Black; Delicata - Golden Glitz
Accessories: White Lustre Card; Anita's DP - Classic Christmas Red; Zig Clean Color Brushes; Wink of Stella - Clear; Gold Embossing Powder; Tim Holtz Water Colour Card


I've gone with a Christmas flower, well it's almost a flower! I stamped the large poinsettia on water colour card, heat embossed with gold powder and coloured it with Zig Clean Color Brushes. I used my clear Wink of Stella to add sparkle. I then fussy cut it out. I stamped a clean, simple greeting on the front of the card in black. I added some embossed lines at the edges of the card (got the idea from a Jennifer McGuire video) and they really do look great in real-life, sadly you can't see them too well in the photo above! On the inside of the card I cut a mat layer of red and gold design paper and on the white panel I stamped the poinsettia in gold and added a greeting. I'm submitting this card to The Flower Challenge - TFC#10 to use dry/heat embossing, and also to Creative with Stamps - CWS#16 where the theme is CELEBRATE.

Celebrate inside - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's GemsCelebrate sq - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

I was on a bit of a roll yesterday afternoon, so I made another flower card:

Smile - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Stamps: Uniko - Beautiful Blooms III, All Occasion Sentiments #6, Happy Succulents
Inks: Versafine - Onyx Black; Versamark; Distress Oxides - Broken China, Salty Ocean, Faded Jeans; Distress Inks - Blueprint Sketch, Salty Ocean
Dies: Little Inkers - Dual Dotted Rectangles #4
Accessories: White Lustre Card; Tim Holtz Water Colour Card; Papermania DP - Inspirations Cool Tones; Sheer Shimmer Spritz - Frost; White Embossing Powder


I got the idea for this card from the optional twist over at Happy Little Stampers Watercolour Challenge - HLSWC07 - they want to see blue! I die cut a panel of water colour card and then played with my Distress Inks and Distress Oxides. I pressed them on my craft sheet, spritzed with water and then dabbed the paper randomly in the inks. I dried between applications to create layers and depth. Then I splashed on some water drops and finished off by spritzing the whole panel with Frost shimmer spray - it's got such a pretty shimmer in real-life! I stamped the word "smile" in Versamark and heat embossed with white powder and then added the words above in black. On some scrap white card I stamped the flowers. I wanted to keep the flowers mostly white, so only used the outline and shade stamps. I cut them out and edged them with a black marker. I adhered the watercolour panel to the card and then added the flowers. The darkest flower is attached flat and I used dimensional pads to attach the other two flowers. The two tone flowers were stamped with (bottom) Faded Jeans Oxide, (middle) Broken China Oxide and (top) Salty Ocean Oxide - the fine shading on all the flowers is Blueprint Sketch. On the inside I cut a mat layer of blue design paper and on the white panel added a simple greeting and another flower. I'm also submitting this one to Love to Craft Challenge Blog - LTCCB#12 where the theme is Anything Goes.

Smile inside - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's GemsSmile sq - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Do visit the Uniko blog to see more cards from the rest of the team. This is such a fun challenge - you don't have to use Uniko products, but we obviously like it if you do - and there are some gorgeous Uniko flowers to use! You've got plenty of time to play along with this challenge, deadline is midnight (BST) on Friday 25th August, that's 7.00pm EDT in the States. And we have prizes too:

  • Main winner - chosen by the DT - £25 eGift Certificate
  • Random Uniko Stamps winner - £4 in-stock clear stamp set of Winner's choosing
  • Top 3 - chosen by DT - 150 Loyalty Reward Points

That's all for now! See you again soon.

signature

14 comments:

Dorlene Durham said...

Oh my goodness! Such beautiful cards! Thank you for joining the July challenge at Creative With Stamps. Dorlene DT CWS

Jane said...

Such a great idea to give that poinsettia stamp some love for this challenge, looks amazing. And so does your completely different but equally gorgeous second card - loving those blues.

Lindsey said...

Gorgeous poinsettia! I love a scored edge around my cards too. Fab blues card too - never think of blues for flowers but you've shown it works perfectly! X

Loose Stitches said...

Gorgeous cards, love the colors of each, especially the gold on the poinsettia! Thank you for joining us at Love To Craft! Hope to see you again!
Sherry x DT for Love To Craft
Loose Stitches and Unraveled Threads – My personal Blog

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

Two gorgeous cards! The gold embossing make your Poinsettia truly shine! So festive! Wonderful water color background on your second card! Such fun to be GDTing with you !

Viv said...

Two gorgeous cards here Deborah! the pretty flowers and gold embossing on the first one is so beautiful and love the water colouring on the second one too. Thanks for sharing with us over at 'The Flower Challenge' and we hope to see you again soon ;) Viv DT xx

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

How VERY beautiful both of the cards are, so different, but certainly eye catchers.
Faith
x

Beverley said...

LOVE both of your cards Deborah. Your first reminds me I 'must' start thinking of Christmas! I love the Poinsettia stamped in gold too and your colouring is exquisite. LOVE LOVE LOVE your second, such beautiful colours and cluster of blooms. It certainly brought a much needed smile to my face this evening. Thank you & Hugs Bev x

Helen F. said...

Lovely cards! The poinsettia is gorgeous! Thank you so much for joining us at Creative With Stamps this month :)

craftysahmiam said...

Thank you for sharing your pretty card with us at Love To Craft, I love the background paper you made. The poinsettia card is a beauty, too.

Michelle said...

Gorgeous cards, Deborah! Thanks for joining us at Happy Little Stampers!

StirYourCreativity said...

Gorgeous cards!

Sazzle Dazzle said...

Who says we can't have flowers at Christmas??? Wonderful use of the poinsettia set Debs and super eye-catching in gold embossing. A real eye-popper in contrast to your elegant and subtle use of colour on the second card. Superb showcase for the challenge and fab ideas.

Trina P. said...

Gorgeous floral cards. Your poinsettia is so elegant with the gold embossing. And since blue is my favourite colour, I absolutely LOVE everything about your second card. Beautiful texture, dimension and layout.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...