Sunday 1 May 2016

CIC - Colours ....

.... Morning! Welcome to May! We have a fabulous colour challenge for you this week at Cupcake Inspirations Challenge - CIC#358 - Lilac, Apricot and Grey. Here's the card I made:

Happy Birthday - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Stamps: Stampendous - Roots of Love; Uniko - Simply Said; My Favourite Things - Simply Fabulous Sayings
Inks: Versafine - Onyx Black; Memento - Grey Flannel; Stampin' Up! - Wisteria Wonder
Dies: Die-namics - Wonky Stitched Rectangles Stax #5
Accessories: White Lustre Card; SU Card - Basic Grey; Copics; Clear Embossing Powder; Wink of Stella - Clear


This is a new stamp - I was walking around Michael's last week and there it was! Such a lovely image. I stamped it in black Versafine fine, heat embossed with clear powder and then cut out the image with a die. I coloured the hearts with Copics and added sparkle with a clear Wink of Stella brush. I added a very simple greeting. On the inside I cut a mat layer of grey card and on the white panel I stamped a portion of the tree and my sentiment.

Happy Birthday inside - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's GemsHappy Birthday sq - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

I'm submitting this card to Addicted to Stamps and More! - ATSM#191 - I've managed a few entries this week!

Yesterday was Jonathan's birthday and, sadly, he had to work. But before he left I gave him this card. The image shows hearts entwined in the roots and a tree of hearts - he's my best friend as well as my husband and I think this works.

For more inspiration - do visit our blog to see cards from the rest of the team.

signature

5 comments:

Greta said...

Unique & beautiful, Deborah! Bet he loved it!

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

Now that is one cool tree and your colored it perfectly!

maria f. said...

So pretty. I think it'd work great for a wedding card too!

Unknown said...

What a great card! I love the image so much! Great colouring and design! Thank you for joining us at ATSM this week!
Kamila DT

Naki said...

Oh wow, what a cool card! Such an awesome image you used, and the colors worked really well!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...