Monday 9 May 2016

A couple of cards ....

... Good evening, I hope you've all had a super day. Here in the States it's Mother's Day and I've had a super time - I spent virtually all day crafting and listening to music. I got a sweet card from Kat and they got dinner for me, a pizza from Jets, which tasted fab! I didn't have to cook - so all's good.

Anyway, I'm here this evening with a couple of cards for several challenges. The first card is for - CASology - CAS#196 where the cue word is MOVE and the colours are from Colour Q Challenge - cQc#340. Here's my card:

We've moved - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Stamps: Stampendous - Family Home, House & Home
Inks: Memento - Tuxedo Black, Grey Flannel; Versafine - Onyx Black
Dies: Spellbinders - Squares Lg (S4-126) #7; Lil Inkers - Dual Stitched Squares #3
Accessories: White Lustre Card; Stampin' Up! Card - Coastal Cabana; Copics; Wink of Stella - Clear


We've been in our new house for just over a month now, and I thought it was time to send some cards to let people know that we've moved - yes, I know it's very late! I stamped the main image on white card, cut it out with a die and coloured it with Copics. I stamped the image again and coloured the doors and home badge, cut them out and attached them to the main image. I used dimensional gel on the green home badge. I used a clear Wink of Stella brush to add some sparkle to the green badge and the red door inside. I layered the finished image on some pale aqua card and adhered it to the card base. I finished the front by adding a message and a post box. On the inside I cut a mat layer in aqua and on the white panel stamped the houses in grey and coloured the main door.

We've moved inside - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

My next card is a birthday card:

Birthday - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Stamps: Stampin' Up! - Musical Manuscript; Uniko - All Occasion Sentiments #6; CFS - Whole Shebang
Inks: Versafine - Onyx Black; Kaleidacolor - Blue Breeze; SU - Pacific Point
Dies: Spellbinders - Squares Lg (S4-126) #7; Lil Inkers - Dual Stitched Squares #3
Accessories: White Lustre Card; SU Card - Pacific Point; SU DP - Pacific Point; SU Candy Dots; Vellum; Clear Embossing Powder


Our challenge at The Male Room - TMR#34 has the theme Shakespeare, and I've based this card on one of Shakespeare's many quotes based upon music. I've gone for a monochromatic theme in blue, so I'm submitting this card to Cardz 4 Guyz - C4G#118 and the layout is based on this week's sketch at Freshly Made Sketches - FMS#235. I stamped the music image on white card, cut it out with a die and layered it on some blue card and attached it to the card. I stamped the sentiment in versafine on vellum and heat embossed it with clear powder. I attached it to the card and hid the adhesive with some co-ordinating candy dots. On the inside I cut a mat of design paper and on the white panel added a greeting.

Birthday inside - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Before I go, I'd like to remind everyone that we're having a DT Call over at The Male Room. You need to play along with our current Shakespeare challenge and also with our next challenge - full details are on the blog.

That's all for now - I'm off to have a coffee, chat to Jonathan and then settle in for the fastest hour of TV - Games of Thrones! See you all soon.

signature

11 comments:

Tracey McNeely said...

Deborah all such fun cards, those houses are so cute. I have never seen those stamps. Thank you for sharing with us at both CASology the colourQ this week!

Julie B said...

Glad you are settled in your new home. Your monochrome birthday card is super, love the design. So pleased you joined us at Cardz4Guyz. :)

Joan said...

Love your monochrome card, so simple but elegant too

Thanks for joining us at cardz4guyz this week

Joan

Janet a.k.a. swanlady21 said...

The first is lovely and colourful;. Love the off the edge design of the second. So happy you played the CASology Challenge this week.

Joyce said...

These are all wonderful. So fun that you got an entire day for crafting. Thanks so much for playing along at CASology and ColourQ.

Cazro said...

A splendid monochrome card. Thanks for joining us at Cardz 4 Guyz. Caz DT

Karren said...

Fabulous masculine card! That musical background is gorgeous. Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

Sylvia said...

A fun card, Deborah! So glad to see you at the colourQ!

Louise van Vuren said...

Awesome cards Deborah, love the monotone especially
Louise x

Lisa Elton said...

Oh what cute houses!! These are all just fabulous Deborah. Thanks so much for joining us at ColourQ!

Michelle said...

Beautiful card Deb! Adorable row of houses! Thanks for joining us at ColourQ!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...