Thursday 31 December 2015

SNG - Journal Pages .....

...  Good morning!  It's the last day of December and, once again, I can't quite believe just how fast this year has gone by.  It's my pleasure to host the last post of the year over at Sparkle and Glitter.  It is rather bittersweet too - it's my last post as a member of Rick St Dennis's Elite Design Team.  I had the great good fortune to be picked to join Rick's EDT last year and I've had such fun creating with Rick's fabulous images.  I've made cards and I've made journal pages.  Today, I'm signing off with a couple of journal pages featuring Rick's wonderful women.  Here's the first page:

Bearded Lady - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems


Stamps: Rick St Dennis Digi - Bearded Lady; Dylusions - Further Round the Edge, Graphic Backgrounds, Basic Backgrounds; Stampers Anonymous Tim Holtz - Way With Words; Uniko - English Country Garden
Inks: Dylusions Sprays; Archival - Jet Black, Leaf Green, Forget Me Not, Rose Madder
Accessories: Dylusions Large Journal; Wink of Stella - various; Signo White Pen; Copic Markers; Glitter; Stencils - Various; Glossy Accents

I created the background page at one of our Kitchen Roll Sprayers club meeting.  I love the colours and the ghosted pattern which I thought would be a perfect background for the Bearded Lady.  I printed the image on white card, coloured her with Copic markers (this is the second one - see below), cut her out and added glitter, Wink of Stella and Glossy Accents.  I think this is a wonderful image - she's a beautiful women (wish I had her figure), she's elegant, she's brave and she has a beard!  I think the sentiment I used is perfect with the image.  She's no circus clown, she's gorgeous. Here's a close up of the finished image:

Bearded Lady detail - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

For my second page I picked one of Rick's fabulous Morning Goddess images:

Bath Time - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Stamps: Rick St Dennis Digi - Morning Goddess BathTime Burlesque; Dylusions - Inbetweenies; Your Next Stamp - Whatnot Sentiments One
Inks: Dylusions Sprays; Archival - Jet Black, Leaf Green, Forget Me Not, Rose Madder
Accessories: Dylusions Large Journal; Wink of Stella - various; Signo White Pen; Copic Markers; Glitter; Stencils - Various; Glossy Accents

The background was created at a club meeting.  I think the stencilled circles and hexagons look a bit like bunting, balloons, party confetti, which is just right for this image.  I love her.  She's a full-figured women (wish I had her figure too!) who just loves to party! And she's a bit of a cat-lady too.  Once again I printed the image on white card, coloured with Copic markers, cut her out, added Wink of Stella, glitter and Glossy Accents.  I got some new stamps yesterday and I think this sentiment is brilliant and goes so well with her.  She is quite unique.  Here's a close-up of the image - taken at a bit of an angle to try and show the sparkle in her jewellery - I added Wink of Stella before applying the Glossy Accents and in real-life the gems shimmer!

Morning Goddess detail - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

I'll be adding both these pages to my journal soon.  Now, the reason this post is a bit late (sorry guys, I did it again) is because I tore the first completed image of the Bearded Lady.  I run my images through a Xyron to make them self-adhesive, but I didn't realise that I was at the end of the roll and the image tore - the air was blue!!!!!!  I was so cross.  Fortunately I was up silly early this morning and had time to do another image.  Here's what's left of the first one!!

Both these gorgeous ladies are available at Rick's Zibbet shop along with many of their beautiful, fun, quirky and elegant friends!

I am very sad to be leaving Rick's EDT, but there's lots going on at Chez Frings this year - can't say much yet, but it involves moving.  So I'll have a lot less time to craft and play!  I'd like to thank Rick for asking me to join the team and thanks also to my team mates - it's been wonderful!  And you'll still see me about.  That's all for now.  I hope everyone has a fun filled New Year's Eve!!  See you soon.

signature

1 comment:

Marybeth said...

Happy New Year Deborah! Such fun pages!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...