Saturday 26 December 2015

All I want for Christmas ....

.... is you!  Hello!   I hope that you all had a great day yesterday.  It's Boxing Day today - something that is celebrated in the UK and former British colonies.  It used to be when employees got a "Christmas Box" from their bosses - not so much now!  It is however another fun day being spent with family.

Today I'm sharing the card that I made for my wonderful husband, Jonathan.  He's an amazing man - great dad, friend, partner, supporter and my love!  Here's the card:

You - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Stamps:  Dylusions - Shrooms, Seasonal Christmas Set; Stampin' Up! - Christmas Messages
Inks: Memento - Tuxedo Black; SU - Real Red, Crumb Cake
Dies: Waltzingmouse - Stitched Tag, Folding Tag
Accessories: White Lustre Card; Kaisercraft DP - Home for Christmas; Copic Markers, Raffia


I had fun with this card.  I used a few challenges in the design.  Merry Monday - MM#185 want to see boots on the card - done.  I've used the layout from Mojo Monday - MOJO#428.  And, of course, the theme at The Male Room - TMR#25-15 is masculine Christmas.

You inside - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's GemsYou sq - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

I used several different papers to cover the card.  I stamped Santa's (Jonathan's) boots on white card, coloured them with Copic markers and cut them out.  I die cut a couple of stitched tags.  I stamped a tree, some holly, a heart and Ho Ho Ho on the tag in the background, and on the foreground tag I stamped the sentiment - which continues inside the card.  I used a mat of design paper and on the white panel added another tree and some parcels.

And that's all from me today!  Bye for now.

signature

5 comments:

Susan Joyce said...

Love the boot image you used, great tags too! Thanks for sharing at Merry Monday.

Bonnie said...

I love these boots, Deborah, and the fantastic tag! I hope you had a wonderful Christmas! Thanks for sharing with us at Merry Monday and I hope we see more of your cards in 2016!

Notes by Nina said...

Very cute card, I love these boots. Thank you for playing along with us for Merry Monday.

Susan Renshaw said...

Love the boots!

Arnoldo L. Romero, MLA said...

I love the subtle blend of patterns, and the whimsical boots were the perfect finishing touch. I'm sure your husband will cherish your card for years to come. Happy New Year!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...