Thursday 4 June 2015

Tic, Tac, Washi ....

.... Morning!  I've a birthday card to share with you this morning.  Our challenge at The Male Room this week is to use Washi Tape on your masculine project, and last week I made this card.  I had some bits left over and when I saw the Tic-Tac-Toe board at The Paper Players - PP#247 this week, I knew I had to make another card.

Enjoy Birthday Boy - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Stamps: PTI - Phrase Play #3, MFT - Terrific Ties
Inks: Versamark; Stampin' Up! - Tangerine Tango
Dies: PTI - Phrase Play #4; Die-namics - Terrific Ties
Accessories: White Lustre Card; SU Card - Basic Black; Washi Tape; White Embossing Powder


I used the vertical column containing Washi Tape, birthday and die cut from the Tic-Tac-Toe table.  On the card I made last week I used the black frame and inlaid the Washi covered letters.  This time I've used the Washi covered frame and inlaid the black letters along with the black panel.  I used Versamark to stamp the words on the panel and heat embossed with white powder.  I adhered some Washi tape across opposite corners of the card and adhered the "enjoy" panel using dimensional tape.  I finished the front by adding a stripey bow tie to the black panel.  On the inside I cut a mat layer of black card and on the white panel stamped a dotty bow tie and added a birthday greeting.

Enjoy Birthday Boy inside - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's GemsEnjoy Birthday Boy sq - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Here are the two cards side by side - I am so pleased that I got to use the left over stash!!


I'm aching all over this morning!  Jonathan, Kathryn and I joined a gym last week as we all need to get fit and lose some weight.  We've got to get into the habit of going to the gym, so we're going as a family, which makes it much harder to skip.  We've been twice so far and we are all discovering muscles that we'd forgotten we have!  I believe it takes about six weeks to make new habits stick, so we are determined to get into a good family habit.  Hopefully, in six weeks' time the aches won't be quite so bad either.  That's all for now.  See you soon.

signature

4 comments:

laurie said...

Great use of the washi tape, what fantastic cards! I love the designs! Good luck at the gym...I need to get more active too. Guess I better hop on my treadmill!! Thanks for playing along with my tic tac toe challenge this week at The Paper Players!

BobbisTreasure said...

The stamped bows are the perfect addition to your cards - TFS!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Great use of the washi tape Deborah - I love how you used it with the die cut, I've pinned this to have a go myself! Good luck at the gym - it will get easier and your right, so much easier to stick at when you do it with family. My husband and I started playing hockey with my kids; hard work, but such fun! Thanks for joining us over at The Paper Players this week!

Stella said...

Fab use of washi tape and I love the "graphic"print on that black tape. A great card; colordul and modern. I like it a lot :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...