Monday 26 January 2015

Winter birthday ....

...  Hello!  I hope everyone has had a good weekend and is ready for the coming week.  I've had a super time and now that we're back to "normal" weeks, I hope to be back into my "normal" routine!  I've a birthday card to share with you this morning. 

Winter Birthday - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Stamps: My Favourite Things - LJD Cozy Mittens; Winnie & Walter - Winter Wonderland
Inks: Stampin' Up! - Pink Pirouette, Tempting Turquoise, Gumball Green, Melon Mambo; Archival - Jet Black
Dies: Die-namics - Cozy Mittens; Spellbinders - Shapabilities - On the Edge (S5-168)
Accessories: White Lustre Card; SU Card - Pink Pirouette; SU DP - Pink Pirouette; Kaisercraft DP - Mistletoe



I used the layout from this week's MFT Card Challenge - MFTWSC#212 and the colours from Colour Throwdown - CTD#326.  I like these bright, cheerful colours and think they're just right for a winter birthday card.  I die cut a scalloped border along one edge of the design paper and adhered it to the card.  I cut a strip of white card, layered on some pale pink paper and adhered the panel to the card.  I die cut the mittens from white card and then stamped on the base colour and decorations.  I stamped the mitten string directly on the card and adhered the mittens with dimensional gel.  I finished the front with a simple birthday greeting.  On the inside I cut a mat layer of pale pink card and on the white panel stamped a mitten with a fun greeting.

Winter Birthday inside - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems
Winter Birthday Sq - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

One of my favourite sports is Figure Skating, and being in the States means I get to see much more of this sport on TV.  I watched the US Championships over the weekend - it was super.  I also found out that the 2016 World Figure Skating Championships are being held in Boston next year.  I'd love to go and watch it all live, but it's not cheap!!  I'm going to have to do some thinking!!!  Bye for now.

signature

4 comments:

Vickie Z said...

Fun card Deb!! Perfect for a winter birthday!! So glad you played along at CTD!

Greta said...

What a sweet winter card--love the background & sweet mittens!

Joan Ervin said...

Sooo cute with those darling mittens and the snowflake paper in the background!!!!! Thanks for joining us for the Color Throwdown Challenge!!!

Susan R. Opel said...

Super detail on those mittens, Deborah!

Susan R. Opel, Creative Ambassador for My Favorite Things

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...