Thursday 11 December 2014

Creepmas Day 6 ....

.... Good morning.  We're at the halfway point in the Smeared & Smudged 12 Days of Creepmas.  I am really enjoying visiting all the ladies taking part in the official blog hop (I forgot to sign up on time, so I'm joining in via their Facebook page).  The projects being made are just fantastic - canvases, altered books, tags, trays, 3D projects and, of course, cards.  I'm not being very adventurous, I'm just making cards.  Here's my card for Creepmas Day 6:

Creepmas Greetings - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Stamps: Rick St Dennis Digi - Nimbleknees Gherkin Creepmas Elf; Winnie & Walter - Happy Christmas
Inks: Stampin' Up! - Old Olive; Versafine - Onyx Black
Dies: SU/Sizzix - Word Bubble Framelits
Accesories: White Lustre Card; Kaisercraft DP - Holly Bright; Copic Markers; Wink of Stella - Gold; SU Punch - Modern Label

My Creepmas projects tend to be rather more Creepmas lite than some of the wonderfully dark projects that I've seen.  Today's card is no different.  I adore this Creepmas elf; don't you just love his name - Nimbleknees Gherkin?  If you like him, you'll find him and his friends at Rick's Zibbet shop.

I printed him on white card, coloured with Copic markers and then fussy cut him out.  I covered the card with design paper - I really like silver birch wood and all those cardinals.  I printed the sentiment on the computer, punched it out and adhered it to the card.  I finished the front of the card with a word bubble saying "It's mine!".

I have a story with this card.  Nimbleknees Gherkin was wandering around the woods when he came across a pile of grumpy presents - you've seen the pile before, click here.  He checked to make sure no one was looking and then he took one.  Then Nimbleknees Gherkin ran out of the woods shouting "It's mine!!", all the while checking to make sure that he wasn't being followed.

On the inside of the card I cut a mat layer from another piece of design paper and on the white panel I stamped a simple wreath and sentiment.

Creepmas Greetings inside - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

If you want to see more fabulous Creepmas projects, here are the links to all the ladies playing along with the 12 Days of Creepmas.  Be warned - some of the projects are very dark - but they're still brilliant.

 photo JollyBlogger2014_zpse7278384.jpg
Terra- Hop Hostess
Black Dragon
Maureen
Teresa
Julia
Sue The Nanny
Jane
Susan
Nan
Shell
Kim
Monique
Airless Chambers
Keren
Sarah
Leigh
Lisa
Lady Brayton

I'm busy working on some projects that I plan to schedule for later this month - that way I can really enjoy the holiday season.  I also have a rather large pile of ironing that needs doing - again!!!! That's all for now. See you soon.

signature

4 comments:

Deepti said...

Beautiful coloring of the image :)

Lenet said...

I love your creepy christmas card!! Soo much fun! Greet coloring too.

My Side of Oz said...

I think your cards are just Creepmasy enough!! I am soooo enjoying your work! Your coloring is excellent and I am hoping to learn so much from you! Sorry if I have missed commenting on anything I had a wicked migraine last week and it threw me for a loop! Will definitely keep up with you from here on out!

DonnaMundinger said...

Great coloring and that background DP ROCKS! love this! xxD

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...