Thursday 17 April 2014

Monochromatic birthday ....

... Good morning everyone!  The snow has melted away and we have brilliant sunshine this morning, but it's still a bit chilly!  This morning I've a very clean, simple birthday card to share with you:

Happy Birthday - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Stamps: PTI - Wet Paint; Uniko Studio - All Occasion Sentiments #2
Inks: Versafine - Onyx Black
Dies: PTI - Tipped Tops
Accessories: White Lustre Card; Stampin' Up! Card - Basic Black, Basic Grey, Smokey Slate

The challenge at Time Out - TOC#3 is to make a birthday card with the optional twist of making in masculine in style, I did masculine!!  I also saw Lisa's card and this is a nod to her beautiful card!  I got my PTI stamps and dies the other day and I'm really enjoying playing with them.  I've used the colours from this week's CAS - Colours & Sketches - CASC&S#70 challenge - monochromatic.


I cut the mat layers from the two shades of grey, stamped the word birthday in the corner of the smaller layer and then die cut the word "Happy".  I cut another word in black and then used the inlaid die technique.  I used the same technique on the inside to create a very bold greeting.  This is a perfect guy card - mono colours and clean, simple lines.  Really pleased how this turned out.

HB inside - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

This card should have been really quick to make, but I did a stoopid thing!  I adhered the mats to the wrong side of the card and had to cut it off and adhere it to a new card base.  Note to self - must check to make sure that the card base is the right side up!!!  That's all for now.  See you soon.

signature

13 comments:

sandie said...

Very cool card Deborah and perfect colours. Thanks for joining us at TIME OUT

G Peplow said...

Brilliant and suitably masculine, love this card Deborah!! I too stick things on upside down, even been known to make a one layer card the wrong way to the fold LOL Happy Easter to you, :D xx

karen h said...

Cool card! Thanks for joining us at CAS Colours & Sketches!

Mona Pendleton said...

Simply wonderful Deb!

Jackie said...

Fabulous cards since my last visit, and a lovely snowy photograph :o)
Jackie xx

McCrafty's Cards said...

great card deborah, I love it! Happy Easter
Kevin xx

Julia Aston said...

what a great masculine design Deborah! Wishing you a Blessed Happy Easter!

Dawn @ LilyPinkScraps said...

Oh my, this is a fantastically elegant and striking card - love it!! Thanks for playing at Time Out :)

Craft-E-Place said...

Brilliant, I love the design so much - I think it would well in other colours too. Love it.
Elaine

Patricia Hays said...

I really like the bold graphic look of this card! Thanks for sharing it with us at CC&S. :)

Anita in France said...

Very cool, very classy, Deborah ... fabulous bold monochrome! Anita :)

Beverley said...

CAS perfection! Thanks for taking the TIME OUT and joining in on the challenge. Hugs Bev x

Louise van Vuren said...

Wow, Deborah! Fab CAS creation in monochrome. Really like the geometric design, very masculine and stylish. Thanks for playing along at C&S

Louise xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...