Tuesday 7 January 2014

Extreme cold, but so pretty ....

... Good afternoon everyone!  It's so cold here today, but so, so beautiful too.  Just a quick post with a few photos of the snow here.

Northville Snow Jan '14 - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems
Love the tree shadow on the snow.  The path was cleaned by a neighbour using his snow blower!

Northville Snow 2 Jan '14 - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems
 Stage 1 of the clean up - 6th January - I did this side of the drive so that Jonathan could get his car out of the garage.

Deborah - photo by Jonathan Frings - Deborah's Gems
Not the most flattering of pictures, but this is what you need to wear to keep warm.  Snow boots with two pairs of socks, trousers (not thick enough), t-shirt, shirt, cardigan, thick parka, hat, and three pairs of gloves!  If I'd fallen over, I don't think I would have manged to get up :)

Northville Snow 3 Jan '14 - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems
Stage 2 of the clear up - today 7th January.  Much colder than yesterday - 20°C, didn't quite make it to the end of the drive.  The big pile is probably going to take both me and Jonathan to clear!

Northville Snow 4 Jan '14 - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems
This was the kids yesterday messing around in the snow - they weren't out today - far too cold!!


A quick screen shot with the weather forecast for the next week!  We should get above freezing by the weekend!!

Kathryn has thoroughly enjoyed the last couple of days - no school - she's stayed in bed late, but did manage to find time to do some homework!  Jonathan was off work yesterday, but went in this morning and phoned me to let me know that he'd arrived safely!  Now that I've done all the shovelling I plan to do today, I'm going to play in my craft room - see you later - it's almost time for our new challenge at Addicted to Stamps and More!  See you soon.

signature

1 comment:

Kylie said...

WOW!!! That looks very cold. I love your outfit!! Thabks for sharing these amazi g pictures xxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...