Saturday 7 September 2013

WMS Fanatics Sketch Challenge ....

... Good morning fellow Waltzingmouse Fans!  Today's the day that our new challenge at Waltzingmouse Fanatics launches - yea!!!  We're starting off with a touch of the familiar - a sketch - and I've made a couple of cards to share with you.  Here's the first:


Stamps: WMS - Simple Sprig, Big Day - Today
Inks: Stampin' Up! - Basic Grey, Island Indigo, Regal Rose, Raspberry Ripple
Accessories: White Lustre Card; SU Circle Punches - ½" and ¾"

This is really clean and simple.  I used the colours from this week's Colour Q - cQc205 challenge.  I stamped the leaves (using the second impression for a softer look) twice following the shape of the curve.  I then stamped the roses onto white card and used punches to cut them out.  I glued some of the roses flat to the card and some I attached with dimensional tape.  Don't you love the font Claire used for the sentiment?  I've left the inside of this card blank.  The card measure 5½" × 4¼".  So pleased to finally ink up my new stamps :)

My second card is for my son Ben who has just moved into his own place.  At the grand age of 17½ years, Ben has decided that he wants to live on his own.  As you can imagine, I'm very proud that he wants his independence, but at the same time I'm a bit worried.  I've used my all time favourite WM set - Free Spirit Boy - seemed appropriate!


Stamps: WMS - Free Spirit Boy, North Shore, Tying the Knot, Playful Pinwheels, Sewing Box - Hugs
Inks: Stampin' Up! - Chocolate Chip, Old Olive, Lucky Limeade; Distress - Iced Spruce
Accessories: SU DP - Old Olive, Lucky Limeade; White Lustre Card; SU Card - Old Olive; SU Markers - Chocolate Chip, Old Olive

This card measures 7" × 5".  I used the current Colour Throwdown Challenge - CTD258 - I really like the colours; perfect for a guy card.  I used Iced Spruce (second impression) to stamp the circles on the background.  I cut a panel in white,stamped the rope image around the edge and attached it to the card base.  I really like the wing effect on the surfer image from North Shore and thought it would work to frame a sweet house.  I stamped the image in Chocolate chip and cut it out by hand.  I stamped the house onto design paper and white card, cut out the image and created the little house above.  For the inside I cut a mat layer in Old Olive and on the white panel I stamped some more of the circles and a couple of sentiments.  I think the sentiment from Tying the Knot is perfect - as I remember when I first moved into my own place, I did find it a bit tough.  And the "be happy" bit speaks for itself!


Here's the sketch that we're playing with - all we ask is that you use at least ONE Waltzingmouse image or sentiment and link up your card by Thursday 19th September, 5pm (that's noon EDT in Michigan).


Don't forget to pop over to Tara's blog and check out her cards - they're fab!  Really looking forward to seeing your creations.  Oh yes, before I go, I should let you know that our first winner will receive £20 credit from Claire to go shopping at Waltzingmouse Stamps.

Here are the graphics from the Colour Q and Colour Throwdown challenges - great colours!


Well, that's all for now.  We're off to a pool party this afternoon, making the most of the last of the hot summer sunshine.  Have a super weekend, see you soon.

13 comments:

Tara Cardwell said...

Gorgeous cards Deborah. I love the sentiment you used for Ben it's very apt! The way you made the curve on the sketch with the sprigs however is just genius :-)

Pauline said...

Yay! Thank goodness there's a new WMS challenge in town! You've kicked it off big style Deb with these fantastic cards!
Gulp! Your boy is living on his own?! Why do they grow up so quickly? Hope you are ok, try not to worry, he sounds like a very sensible lad.

Lori said...

Beautiful designs! Love the mix of stamps you used on the card for your son. Thanks for joining us for this week's Color Throwdown.

Kim Heggins said...

Fabulous card Deborah but what I really love it how you combined stamp sets, just amazing!

Kim said...

I think the card you did for the colour Q challenge is just awesome. A great way to use the colors. I'm sure your son will appreciate the card you made him. It's always nice to know that mom is there if needed.

Lisa Elton said...

These are both just so pretty! I love your card for the ColourQ. The soft leaves are lovely. So happy you could join us this week!

Joan Ervin said...

Both cards are gorgeous...love your take on the sketch and how you used the CTD colors!!! Thanks for joining us for the Color Throwdown Challenge!!!!

Amy White said...

Lovely cards! Those pink & red flowers look so pretty against the soft grey leaves. Thanks for playing along with the ColourQ this week!

Claire said...

Fantastic cards Deborah - hoping to join up with the WMS challenge this week...where does the time go...?!

Marybeth said...

Very pretty cards! Can't wait to play along.

savvy teaching tips said...

Beautiful work. Thanks for joining us this week at the Colour Q.

Sylvia said...

What a pretty card, Deborah, love those soft colors! Thanks for sharing your card with us at the colourQ.

Linda Beeson said...

Those little flowers are so adorable!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...